Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Metal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I confess- I'm addicted to metal!!!
I love the new stuff (puddle of mudd, spineshank, etc.) but also I'm really into the old style - AC/DC, Black Sabbath (hence the moniker!!!), GnFnR (that's guns and roses for all you amateurs out there!!) and of course the MIGHTY IRON MAIDEN!
ROCK ON!
any other hardcore souls out there?
PS I hate the way people assume cos you like metal you're a goth. I'm actually quite normal. (but a bit mad!) Goths are wannabe humans if you ask me!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I like a bit of old-skool thanks to my dear father! Black Sabbath are truely brilliant. I don't really think the modern stuff can compare - they don't sing they *rah*.

I like some hardcore when I'm feeling really tense, but otherwise it gets me down; I prefer good ol' cheerful indie! :D

I haven't heard much Puddle of Mudd, but I wouldn't class what I've heard as hardcore/metal. Not my cuppa tea really.:)
    Goths are wannabe humans if you ask me!!!
    That's a tad harsh - they have feelings too! :p
  • Options
    *puts hands over ears at the very mention of metal*

I'll have my "pop crap" any day thankyou very much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    *puts hands over ears at the very mention of metal*

I'll have my "pop crap" any day thankyou very much.
    Actually, I find "pop-crap" uplifting, metal is for when I'm feeling aggressive! :p
  • Options
    Re: Metal
    Originally posted by Ozmaster
    I confess- I'm addicted to metal!!!
    I love the new stuff (puddle of mudd, spineshank, etc.)

Eugh! I hate Puddle Of Mudd. Its gonna be awful having to watch them while I wait for the mighty KoRn to come onstage.
  • Options
    I personally HATE metal but each to their own innit!

Give me garage anyday... :D
  • Options
    used to love metal music but then found myself addicted to trance. its wicked!! some metal bands are good though.
    PS I hate the way people assume cos you like metal you're a goth. I'm actually quite normal. (but a bit mad!) Goths are wannabe humans if you ask me!!!

this is true, when i tell people that i used to love metal they cant believe it cos im quite girly and look really innocent. its annoying cos its not just goths who like that music:mad:
  • Options
    I like rock and metal. Forgot who said it but someone said they look normal and like this music. Well I'm the same, I wear tracksuits and look like a townie. I do dress like a goth/mosher when I go to a night-club, or a gig or something like that.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Metal
    Originally posted by Broken Heart

Eugh! I hate Puddle Of Mudd. Its gonna be awful having to watch them while I wait for the mighty KoRn to come onstage.

Hey man, where are you seeing them? For I also have a golden ticket labelled KoRn at the London Arena!

Damn, can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT!
  • Options
    Re: Metal
    Originally posted by Ozmaster

lol damn right. I love metal, (as well as pretty much every other type of music...well, except pop :mad: :p), though I go to clubs that play dance music, and never dress like a goth. They just piss me off :mad:

Rammstein rule btw :p

Edited because I tried to use the MSN emoticon for mad :@ lol
  • Options
    Metal is image driven shit, much the same as being a goth.

Thats just my opinion though..........:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    Metal is image driven shit, much the same as being a goth.

So is pop....:p

Take a look @ garage... its about image as well :D
  • Options
    Ozdude! I love the old-school metal like Sabbath and Zeppelin and even as far as Van Halen. Ahh, there's no sound quite like it. Being a guitar player, I kinda appreciate Tony Iommi and all those dudes. Man, we're gonna have a wicked time at John's
  • Options
    Image is driven by the music, rather than the other way around. People follow their favourite bands...

As for metal, I'm a big fan. I can listen to various genre (although Slipknot suck big time) and have a collection which covers most of the past couple of decades (hell I've lived through three!)...
  • Options
    ozz u rule

Ozz u R so KOOl, lets skin up suM t 'high' m i hang in subeton though it may aswell Be SERbiaaaaa - so many drive bys and shit.
    rock on 2- i get high iflying on that zeplin n e day
  • Options
    by the way I fucking love the maiden!
  • Options
    lol, you wouldn't guess that iliked metal would ya? :p

i luv the old stuff as well as the new stuff.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Metal
    Originally posted by Kurt

Hey man, where are you seeing them? For I also have a golden ticket labelled KoRn at the London Arena!

Damn, can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT!

Gonna see them at the Manchester Evening News Arena. Can't wait! It's 4 days before I go into the Navy so it might be the last gig I go to for a while! Its gonna be amazing! I doubt it'll be as good as the mighty Rammstein!