Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

buying flowers

sorry, i'm not sure where this is supposed to go.

basically, its my tutor's birthday on friday.

i'm buying her a bottle of her favourite wine and a bunch of flowers. the problem is, i'm in work at 9am friday morning so i won't have time to get any before i arrive in work.

if i buy some thursday night and keep them in some water, will they be ok?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They should be, I remember one of these gardening people saying if you put sugar in the water it helps them last longer :yes:
    Yeah, they'll be fine for one night. Try and buy a bunch where a lot of the flowers aren't actually open yet.
    And keep them in a cool place - not indoors with central heating on - such as a cool, sheltered patio or shed.
    cool :)

i'll buy some thursday night then i reckon and put them in my garage until the morning. its freeezzzing in there.
    its freeezzzing in there.

If it is literally freezing, you'll kill them. Cool is what you want. An unheated room is fine. As far from a radiator as you can get in a heated room is fine as it's just overnight. As someone said, get buds not flowers and they'll last longer.