Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

one night stand etiqute (i can't spell)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yeah, so last night i was out and no, nothing happened like the title, but me and a friend were having a drunk conversation about what you should do in the morning after, this was because we had both watched a progamme (can't remember what) that mentioned this, I personally think you should hug or kiss

my mate reckons u should just leg it, i think thats a bit out of order,
whats everyone elses ideas on this?

Comments

• Options
    Depends if you want anything to do with them again in the future, or what kind of person they are really.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Depends if you want anything to do with them again in the future, or what kind of person they are really.
    :yes: This. I'd generally say a peck or a hug but it definately does depend on the person and also what they want from you. I've met women who dont want anything to do with you in the morning and women who think a ons = marriage, just have to judge each situation by merit.

ETA: Easiest way to deal is to just leave before going to sleep or leave amazing early in the morning and pretend you have to be at work or something.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I try stick around till they've made me at least a cup of coffee, if not breakfast. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    haha, fair nuff
    tbh, i;ve had one or 2 and i've always at least talked to them in the morning and hugged them if i don't wanna kiss them
  • Options
    Thing is with one night stands, its hard to apply standard operating proceedures in the morning, if they want a rematch in the morning.
  • Options
    One night stand from a female view point
    curly_boy wrote: »
    yeah, so last night i was out and no, nothing happened like the title, but me and a friend were having a drunk conversation about what you should do in the morning after, this was because we had both watched a progamme (can't remember what) that mentioned this, I personally think you should hug or kiss

my mate reckons u should just leg it, i think thats a bit out of order,
    whats everyone elses ideas on this?

I usually start by asking if they would like a shower then a cup of tea or coffee, then make a big fry up because they are always very hungry in the morning after a night with me. My last 1 night stand I got pregnant. that was 4 years ago we are now arranging our wedding with our daughter being flower girl.
  • Options
    fairytale wrote: »
    I usually start by asking if they would like a shower then a cup of tea or coffee, then make a big fry up because they are always very hungry in the morning after a night with me. My last 1 night stand I got pregnant. that was 4 years ago we are now arranging our wedding with our daughter being flower girl.

Fairytale indeed - nice one.
  • Options
    So your one night stand turned into a many night stand hehe.
  • Options
    then make a big fry up because they are always very hungry in the morning after a night with me.

:D
  • Options
    ive had a number of one night stands - not that im particularly proud of that fact - and im always the one who goes to the guys house, never round to mine.
    I think in every case ive always stuck around for quite a while the morning after :chin: we usually just lie around in bed and chat and have a laugh, and if im lucky i get made brekkie :D
    one guy is actually a really good friend of mine now which is nice, and i wouldnt regret getting with him one bit cuz if i hadnt i never would have met and got to know him!!
    luckily ive never woken up and got kicked out straight away. i seem to big 'nice ones' who dont do that lol
  • Options
    ive had one night stands in the past.. about 3...

the first one i ever had was with some bloke id met out... And he literally got up the next day, I got up and we were both like "well thanks... ill see ya around" neither of us were interested, we both knew it was just a one night stand but i felt a little weird afterwards. No feelings towards him, just a kinda used feeling... even though i used him too. lol

second one was with a friend, we both new it was just sex, neither of us wanted anything more, and he always cuddled me in bed in the morning, and gave me a kiss before he left each time, which was kinda nice. I didnt feel like we were both just using each other...

Third one, made me breakfast in bed, we chatted and watched tv, then I actually really did need to go out, we parted and he gave me a peck on the cheek. I think its nicer to give a hug or a kiss, or atleast stick around for a while. Ive heard stories from my friends of them waking up and the guys already left, that would upset me!!
  • Options
    Depends on what they look like i mean if you had your beer goggles on :eek: then you might want to grab clothes and leg it :naughty:
  • Options
    I don't know! It's interesting to read this as I'm one to find difficulty in separating my feelings from sex, and if the guy is really lovely, hangs around the next day, kisses, hugs AND asks for my fucking number (or says something to suggest another meet up), I think "oh, nice, I like this guy ..." then I only get hurt never to hear from the dick again/to get put 'correctly' :rolleyes:

And all the one nighters I've had, I've known the guy, even if for a few hours beforehand, so I've already started to like them as a person, so makes it worse. Sigh.
  • Options
    Depends if you stay at hers or yours. If it's yours kick her out. If it's hers browse through her underwear drawer and make yourself a full-body armour out of panties and bras to celebrate your victory.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Depends if you stay at hers or yours. If it's yours kick her out. If it's hers browse through her underwear drawer and make yourself a full-body armour out of panties and bras to celebrate your victory.

:naughty: Makes me wonder how big your trophy collection is ? :D
  • Options
    Always remember to nail them once more in the morning.
  • Options
    Always remember to nail them once more in the morning.

lol that's my policy! I'm not really into the one night stand thing anymore, but I never got into a one night stand without making sure we both know full well what it wass - it saves the need for phoney excuses the next day, and creates some mutual respect. And I've actually made a few friends (which i still have) and one or two fuck buddies out of it (which i don't have anymore) :P
    Ive been told I have quite a 'male' attitude to sex, though I don't think I like that genderisation (apologies for making up a word!)
  • Options
    Depends on a few things - whether you like them, whether you were both drunk, whether you regret it, whether it was the best sex you've ever had, etc.

If it was fantastic sex, I like to wake him up by running my fingers up and down his back/chest (depending on what position he's sleeping in!). Men look cute when they're sleeping, it's a nice way to be woken up, and hopefully that leads to a repetition of the night before.

If it was okay sex, but for that night only and not to be repeated, if I can't leave before he wakes up, I'm quite happy to chill out the next morning and watch TV or whatever. Unless I'm getting the serious vibe that he wants me out, of course..