Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leap out of bed or monrnings are a drag?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I almost always jump when I hear the alarm clock. I set a second one for the few times that I don't ("snooze" and stuff don't work for me; I just turn it off).
    However, if it's early in the morning, like before 9, I need at least an hour to really "wake up" before I leave the house.

So the alarm makes you jump but not necessarily leap out of bed
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    So the alarm makes you jump but not necessarily leap out of bed
    No, it almost always makes me jump out of bed. But for the few times it doesn't, I have a second louder one. :)
    EDIT: Oh, you probably misunderstood the "wake up" thing. I meant that if some time (like one hour) doesn't pass, then I'm like sleepwalking except the fact that I'm conscious.
  • Options
    It's different between days. Usually I jump out of bed when I'm supposed to show up at work at 7 but when I start at 9 or later I hit the snooze button over and over again.

Also depends on how much I've slept. I've also got a back problem so often I wake up fairly early and my back is poorly so I rather get up and nap in the afternoon than try to sleep more at that time.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    It's different between days. Usually I jump out of bed when I'm supposed to show up at work at 7 but when I start at 9 or later I hit the snooze button over and over again.
    Bet you like a late start to the morning...........gives you the extra bed warmth:)
  • Options
    It depends on what day it is as to when or if I jump out of bed. If I have something that I really, really need to do, then I suck it up and get up early. On weekends, I'm a complete couch potato, and that's after sleeping until noon.
  • Options
    I tend to lie there for 10 mins, enjoying the comfort of the bed but then just get up and do what's needed doing. Not really a morning person but after 20 mins or so of being up I'm grand.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I tend to lie there for 10 mins, enjoying the comfort of the bed but then just get up and do what's needed doing. Not really a morning person but after 20 mins or so of being up I'm grand.
    especially nice when its cold- that warm sensation of an extra few minutes
  • Options
    Kinda have to jump out of bed on a morning, weekends are a hell of a laze however :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Kinda have to jump out of bed on a morning, weekends are a hell of a laze however :)
    Late breakfast on Saturdays and up on Sundays just in time to prepare Sunday roast!
  • Options
    I'm normally up at 0545 on a work day and 0700 on my day off. I like to get up so I can potter about, have breakfast and a cuppa without needing to rush about. Also means I can surf the net for 20 minutes.
  • Options
    I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who claims to jump out of bed every morning. eek1.gif
  • Options
    What is the point of mornings?
    I am a snoozer. Alarm goes off at 7.25. I hit snooze. In a half sleep until it goes off at 7.40. I groan and roll out of bed slowly.
    But lately, yeah, weekends I've been waking up before 11. Wtf is with that???
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I'm normally up at 0545 on a work day and 0700 on my day off. I like to get up so I can potter about, have breakfast and a cuppa without needing to rush about. Also means I can surf the net for 20 minutes.
    You're an early riser- hope you get enough sleep
  • Options
    I think it depends what is happening on the day... if it is something exciting then I leap. If not I will generally reach for the snooze button
  • Options
    "beep, beep, beep"
    "Not this shit again"
    *Rools out of bed*

I find if I don't get up right away when the alarm goes off, I'll just fall back to sleep, until I get the phone call telling me its time to go to work. At which point I have missed breakfast, and then I feel shit for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    When I had to get up at 6.15, it was easy. Now 8.00..? I find it SO HARD..!