Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Leap out of bed or monrnings are a drag?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who has trouble getting out of bed for the day, keep meaning to change and don't! and who jumps out when the morning alarm goes with so much to do:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm definately not a morning person!!!

Dont understand people who get up at the crack of dawn because they can, why, whats the rush!! I love sleep too much to do that!
    I'm a morning person and even if I'm off I get up early...I like to pack lot's of things into my day! I do have the occasional lie in and find it harder to get up so early when it's winter :crying:

I think because of my job and while I was at uni training I am just used to having to get up at at like 5 in the morning!
    If the weather is dull then the morning isn't worth being awake in. Sunny, then yes, I'll make the effort otherwise it's a wasted day.
    Both. I've perfected my weekday morning routine. Snooze x5, then bed to car in 10 minutes.

I'm getting elderly though, I've been waking up around 9am on the weekends lately when usually I sleep till I'm woken up for lunch :(
    Can't really help myself, normally wake up at 7.00 or 7.30 kind of time. If I have stuff to do I can get out of bed, otherwise I can drag it out till 9.00. Body is fairly clockwork though, the notable exceptions are after a good night out I can wake up at 10.30 lol.
    I hate mornings I have to get up at 7 and its dark and cold and i hate it. But if its summer and a nice day then i can get up early. I don't see the point of getting up early if you have nothing to do though.
    sleeep is good, i take naps sometimes too..like today... :blush:

Ohh I like naps...naps are good :yes:
    Mornings can go do one! I reckon we do away with them completely. Work should start at about midday, stop for a siesta about 4, and then start back up 6 till 8.
    Mornings can go do one! I reckon we do away with them completely. Work should start at about midday, stop for a siesta about 4, and then start back up 6 till 8.

Extend daylight savings, std's will drop off 100%
    http://audio.isg.si/audiox/?q=node/40642 :D
    my name wrote: »
    Both. I've perfected my weekday morning routine. Snooze x5, then bed to car in 10 minutes.

im a bit like this, im definately not a morning person, but ive got my mornings sussed. ipod goes off, i listen to two songs then roll outta bed

normally i wake up at like 10/11 if i get left to my own devices
    I am more of a morning person than a nighttime person. Having said that, I deliberately set my alarm a little bit earlier than I actually need because I know I'll press snooze too many times. I do much prefer my usual work shifts (5:30 starts, which means getting out of bed at 4am) than the ones I did last week where I was closing and was in bed at like 1-2am.
    i like to set the alarm about 20 minutes before i actually need to get up so i can snooze for a little bit.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Dont understand people who get up at the crack of dawn because they can, why, whats the rush!! I love sleep too much to do that!
    Yes, enjoy the cosy warmth of the duvet a bit more before going to work, especially it's getting colder
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I do have the occasional lie in and find it harder to get up so early when it's winter
    And at weekends!
    i like to set the alarm about 20 minutes before i actually need to get up so i can snooze for a little bit.

Is that a morning treat before a busy day? make sit go smoother........
    Apologies to all for the extra 'n' slipped in 'morning' at the thread title. Sorry!
    my name wrote: »
    I'm getting elderly though, I've been waking up around 9am on the weekends lately when usually I sleep till I'm woken up for lunch :(
    I've done that too
    When I was first worked I had loadsa-trouble getting up for work. Still held jobs though- known people to stay in bed and got the sack for unreasonable lateness. Now, my brain knows when it's weekday and there's a job to go to or it's a weekend day and no one cares if I lie in :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Can't really help myself, normally wake up at 7.00 or 7.30 kind of time. If I have stuff to do I can get out of bed, otherwise I can drag it out till 9.00. Body is fairly clockwork though, the notable exceptions are after a good night out I can wake up at 10.30 lol.

Is that with a nice hangover?
    When I get up early the day is a drag. Dunno why, but I get so tired in the afternoon then (probably because I go to bed too late). If I sleep just a tad longer (let's say 9 o' clock), the day has much more quality.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    When I get up early the day is a drag. Dunno why, but I get so tired in the afternoon then (probably because I go to bed too late). If I sleep just a tad longer (let's say 9 o' clock), the day has much more quality.
    'sound like you need a good rest' as my GP said last week
    what are you on strubble, 9am is way to earlystill!

Ya can't beat a good ol' nap! ... even though a few of mine have lasted about 2 hours :blush:

I slept till 1 not that long ago hehe
    I love sleep too much to get up early unless i have to. On the weekends, i seems to naturally wake up between 9:30- 11am. One of my fav things is to snuggle up in bed with a cup of tea and watch tv or read a book. heaven hehe.
    I love my mornings, I norm get up for work early as I sometimes start work at 06.30am so need to be up at 5am, however even If I am not working I usally get up, perfect time for peace and quiet not kids/women about :razz::razz:

I usually do nothing with my morning though, get up, go to the living room with some toast and watch my TV/play Xbox or something.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I love my mornings, I norm get up for work early as I sometimes start work at 06.30am so need to be up at 5am, however even If I am not working I usally get up, perfect time for peace and quiet not kids/women about
    You make good use of the mornings, when so many folks sleep it away. Hope you go to bed early to ensure enough physical rest
    I start work at 7:30 but I get up at 6 cos I need an hour to get ready! I jump out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off (at 5:55 actually cos I have weird ideas about setting my alarm for 6) and I have my breakfast straight away then watch GMTV for 20 mins before getting ready.

At the weekends I love to lie in and find it really hard to get out of bed. My hubby on the otherhand gets up between 4:30 and 5 EVERY day regardless of whether he is working or not......not good.
    I can't get out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off, I have to press snooze quite a few times.
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    You make good use of the mornings, when so many folks sleep it away. Hope you go to bed early to ensure enough physical rest

Hell no, 6 hours every night, if im up at 5 11pm bed, 6 midnight and so on.
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    [/B]
    Is that with a nice hangover?

'nice' is not the word I would use to describe it unfortunately :( I am reacting strongly to alcohol recently, so even after moderate amounts (3 pints of beer say) the next day I can feel cold / shakey / feeling the need to vomit for hours
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I almost always jump when I hear the alarm clock. I set a second one for the few times that I don't ("snooze" and stuff don't work for me; I just turn it off).
    However, if it's early in the morning, like before 9, I need at least an hour to really "wake up" before I leave the house.