Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

feeling lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
am just feeling really lonely atm - not sure why but just feel as though something is missing in my life around all of the chaos!! don't want to s/h again tonight - just seems like a habit rather than a solution. any experience of s/h and/or how to stop it would be gratefully recieved.
thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Flower123

Thanks for your post, sound's like you are feeling pretty lonely and isolated today. It's great that you have come here to get some support. It's really positive that you have identified you do not want to self harm tonight and recognise that for you it has become a habit, rather than a solution to the underlying problems.

There is no easy answer to how to stop self harming, as that differs from person to person. However, The site has some really good pages on self harm, in particular you could look at the ones on steps to recovery (there is a good video to watch on here), coping tips (also with discussion to listen to) and dealing with urges. Make sure you check out the 'next steps' and 'related articles' on the right hand side of the pages, as they have some great links to helplines and other services.

Hopefully some of this will go some way to help you look at what is going on for you at the moment.

take care and keep posting - :):)
    heya,
    thankyou :)
    heya flower :)
    hope ur alrite!! i have self harmed tonite, and i realllllllly regreat it now :(
    so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee dont do it!!! ano its easier said then done, but what are the scars worth??
    love hannah xx :heart:
    hey flower.
    i've been self-harming for 2 years now and even if it feels amazing, im trying to stop. the scars are totally not worth it and the people around me hate me for it. best tip: snap an elastic around your wrist. it stings so you feel a bit of the high that you get when you cut but it doesn't hurt you like cutting does.
    nothing like the real thing though
    I wish that I was about earlier so I could chat to you, hope you are ok! x I can't really help with any of your issues as I am no expert :( but I can listen!
    Heya guys,
    yeh i know so not worth it and i do hate doing somewhere and my scars showing - i did s/h last night but was before i wrote this.....i tried the elastic band one and i caused it to snap and left bruises on my wrist so they wouldn't give me another one when i was in hospital. i do want to stop but im stuck in a cycle and need help getting out. thanx shyboy much appreciated.

thanx guys
    xx