Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ermmm yeah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry I don't really post that much, but I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do....

I was getting really bad headaches, like blinding headaches that made me feel sick. I had to stay home from school and try and sleep just to make the pain go away. I linked it up with the medication I was on.... had only been on it for a few weeks and the headaches pretty much started when that started. I thought they'd go away as my body adjusted to it (they say 4-6 weeks before side effects can improve) but the headaches got worse and I couldn't go on with it.

So I stopped taking the medication and the headaches got better... well not really. I still have a headache but they're no longer the blinding ones... Gonna get my eyes tested to make sure its not that but yeah.

Anyway so now I'm not on this medication... and i feel crap. They were anti-depressants and the worst thing is they were the first ones that were actually helping... I was feeling really good for the first time in ages, but just couldn't deal with it when my headaches got worse. I was meant to have a doctors appointment 4 weeks later... its now 6 weeks and I don't have one till December. They kept telling me they didn't have any appointments left, and finally I got one.

But its agesss away... and I feel so rubbish and I don't know what to do :no: I'm thinking about starting to take the tablets again but I can't face the headaches coming back and I know its not great to keep stopping and starting. I feel so crap :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey hun,
    I knot what its like with doctors. You really need to ring them and ask them for an emergency appointment as your mental health is at stake. Also, maybe talking to a pharmacist or NHS Direct to see what they suggest about your anti depressents.

how are you atm??
    love
    jennie
    xxxx
    Sorry I don't really post that much, but I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do....

I was getting really bad headaches, like blinding headaches that made me feel sick. I had to stay home from school and try and sleep just to make the pain go away. I linked it up with the medication I was on.... had only been on it for a few weeks and the headaches pretty much started when that started. I thought they'd go away as my body adjusted to it (they say 4-6 weeks before side effects can improve) but the headaches got worse and I couldn't go on with it.

So I stopped taking the medication and the headaches got better... well not really. I still have a headache but they're no longer the blinding ones... Gonna get my eyes tested to make sure its not that but yeah.

Anyway so now I'm not on this medication... and i feel crap. They were anti-depressants and the worst thing is they were the first ones that were actually helping... I was feeling really good for the first time in ages, but just couldn't deal with it when my headaches got worse. I was meant to have a doctors appointment 4 weeks later... its now 6 weeks and I don't have one till December. They kept telling me they didn't have any appointments left, and finally I got one.

But its agesss away... and I feel so rubbish and I don't know what to do :no: I'm thinking about starting to take the tablets again but I can't face the headaches coming back and I know its not great to keep stopping and starting. I feel so crap :(
    I agree ... I would first ring NHS direct, for advice,

and then get an emergency appt at the docs.
    Thanks guys...

Tried NHS Direct but they're only accepting urgent calls at the moment... Gonna try for an emergency appointment tomorrow but my surgery is so rubbish so not really hoping for much :rolleyes:
    Hi purplestarfish,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with the headaches and not being on the medication at the moment. As has been suggested, you really need to speak to a health professional ASAP. Is it your GP that prescribed the medication in the first place, or are you working with any other services at the moment? If so, might these people get you an appointment to see someone?

It can be really frustrating when our GP's aren't able to offer an appointment. You may want to check out the pages on GP's and GP alternatives on Thesite pages, they may help you to decide any next steps for you? You may want to consider changing your GP if you feel that your surgery is rubbish. You have a right to receive fit for purpose health care.

Good luck in getting an appointment, take care - :)
    Tried to get an appointment... Failed. Tried to at least speak to my doctor and apparently the only option is to write a letter. This is so shit =[
    Heya,
    I would write a letter then and that would probably be the quickest way and then they may want you to come in sooner.
    hope that your ok
    xx
    Your doctor's surgery sounds awful! booked up 6 weeks in advance? They should have an emergency appointments slot on the day, try calling up for that.

You should ALWAYS be able to speak to your doctor on the phone. Try calling again and asking for a call back!
    They're not actually booked up 6 weeks in advance.. they only book up to 3 weeks... but then I'd call up on the day when they were opening up the next week of appointments and then they'd already be all gone!!

yeah thats all i need, like a quick conversation with my GP... ahh well. If stuff does get worse I'll try for another emergency appointment but it won't be with my doctor and I don't really see how another one could help me not knowing my history or whatever.... and also... i go to school in a different town to the GP surgery, so ergh its just really hard.

I'm sure it'll work out....
    heya purple,
    you ok?? im waiting to see my tutor atm - cause she isn't in her office when she said that she was available - tad annoying but means that i can catch up on here. i went to my appointment with a gp this morning and i felt that she judged me - or had an idea of what i was like before she had even met me - so pissed off!! but she is gonig to get in touch with the mental health team and ask them what they are doing in respect to my appointments - then if they are unhelpful - then hopefully they will give me a referral to the eating disorder clinic - not eatin alot at all atm - just had a yogurt (59 cals) n then loads of drinks. I so want to change but it is really difficult.....how are you feeling??? xx
    Hey flower, I hope you got to see your tutor in the end. I would say if you feel judged by your GP try and see another one, but she seems like she is getting things done so maybe best to stick with her for a bit. I hope everything is OK.

Ermm things with me... I had my first psych appointment today. It was pointless. It was with CAMHS and they basically said since I turn 18 in a few weeks this was going to be a one off appointment... Thats why my GP tried to refer me to adult services in the first place!! Grrr. I thought they would refer me to the adult services and carry on seeing me until I got an appointment through... But no. So yeah, just gotta wait for the GP appointment now. Argh more frustration.
    heya,
    Yeh i got to see my tutor and she was brilliant. yeh i think that i am going to stick with her - as then there is continuity.....i just didn't like the feeling of being judged. i know what you mean. cause i can't be treated for my ed and my bpd at the same time can't be referred to ed clinic as well as have treatment with my mental health team. i know how you are feeling but you will get there i promise.
    hope that you are ok
    xx