Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

hmm, thoughts on teen pregnancy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was jus wondering what you guys think about Teen pregnancy, My mates 15, and pregnant, and doesnt regret it at all..Apart from the fact that everyones judging her. Okay first off..She knew what the consequences were gonna be if she didnt use a condom, and quite frankly that didnt bother her at all. SHE IS in a stable relationship, and has been since she was 13. Im not really sure what to think on this one, but im gonna give her all the support she needs, Because i truley do beleive she'd be a good mother...Even tho shes still a baby herself. I just know shes gonna have trouble supporting the baby, and with school n shit. And most probably get looked down on by everyone...But i dunno why people have to judge. Anyways..
whats your thoughts on this? =/

Comments

• Options
    People judge because of the kid...Fuck the mum, nobody cares whether they screw up their lives...Its the life of the kid that is in danger of being screwed up if the mother does turn out to be bad. Thats why people have a problem..

A stable relationship since she was 13? That really doesnt work in her favour im afraid..You said shes gonna have trouble supporting the child, she cant work, neither than the BF yet. When they can work they wont get paid much because they will have screwed up their education.

I feel sorry for the kid.
  • Options
    Personally i think it was just a tad irresponsible....

If shes grown up enough to know what would happen if she didnt use a condom...then surely shes grown up enough to know that she should use one? :rolleyes:

They might not think it now but they've not only fucked up their own lives but the life of their kiddy...
  • Options
    I personally think its a really bad idea, I think having a kid is great, but its such hard work. some people cope really well, but i think its a real shame, at her age her life is only just beginning and she`ll never get the chance to be independent and go out whenever she feels like it .
    I think being young and carefree is a really important part of life that helps make you a well rounded person and people shouldnt just throw that bit of their life away. I hope she doesnt end up resenting her child for her loss of freedom at such a young age.
  • Options
    First of all, I should congratulate you on such an honourable course of action. It takes a lot of guts to swallow your beliefs and just be there as a friend, something I'm not sure I could do.

My thoughts? Same as Baldy's. Teen pregnancy pisses me off, it's irresponsible, and the picture you painted of your friend, it sounds like she wanted get pregnant. Disgusting.
  • Options
    i think its a bad idea. my mates 17 and also wants a baby. ok, shes not 15 but i still think 17 is too young as well. the reason she wants a baby is cos she thinks there really cute and sweet which i think is just pathetic. babies grow up and wont be like that forever. she always says how her and her boyfirend get all gooey over babies, her sisters got a one year old and when they babysit together apparently they say stuff like 'this could be us' and stuff. how sad? her boyfirend was actually trying for a baby with his ex, they were engaged and everything. thats just so silly. then he found a message on her phone one day saying 'i love you' from his best mate. they seperated. now i feel like this is gonna happen with my mate and they'll soon be engaged trying for a baby and she is just ruining her life though she doesnt relaise it. but at least your mate wants the baby. its beter than her falling pregnant and resenting the baby, as this does happen. it sounds like she'll try her best to support it, but at the end of the day it is a shame on the baby mostly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    Personally i think it was just a tad irresponsible....

If shes grown up enough to know what would happen if she didnt use a condom...then surely shes grown up enough to know that she should use one? :rolleyes:

I agree, why ruin lifes by doing something stupid or irresponsible, i wouldn't want a child and im 19 and i'm sure that at this age im not mentally cabaple of looking after a child, its very demanding and draining on the parents energy and time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    the reason she wants a baby is cos she thinks there really cute and sweet which i think is just pathetic.
    See, that's the problem with many teen pregnancies. Do they think about the part where they will have to change the nappies, clean up the puke, breast feed them, and God knows what after that stage?

Yeah I think babies are cute, but I am not going to bugger off and get pregnant just for the sake of having one for show and tell.

Babies... eugh, I shudder at the thought of having them. And now I have to go and change my nephews' nappies... Yay.
  • Options
    Zackly Lexxie. Ask your mate how she'll feel when she has to whip out a tit to feed a screaming baby while sitting on the bus. Of course, it must surely be her boyfriends fault as well, for willing to go along with this?
  • Options
    Why o Why do young people want do go and do stupid things like having unprotected sex?

All I can say is the world has gone to the dogs!

When i was 15, you never heard of this kind of carryon!

I may add that was a few years ago and im talking like im an old man but now adays children as young as 14 need to carry protection.
  • Options
    =/

hmmm all your replys pretty much say it all. But ya know, i dont really think theres much anyone can do about it..We can all sit here and judge her, or wish her the best, even tho what shes doing is pretty much all stupid. And as for someone saying something about 'she probably wanted a baby' or something..
    Well yeah..she did want a baby, i didnt no she was gonna go out and get herself pregnant LITERALLY! But it's her choice..and im gonna support her, as a best friend should.
  • Options
    babies grow up and wont be like that forever.

yer right..babies do grow up even me and hitler were babies once. my mum was so upset about the way i went..imagine how mrs hitler felt!
  • Options
    I think there's a big difference between 'wanting a baby' and
    'wanting to be a parent' and until you are old enough to know the difference perhaps one should think twice about having a child!
  • Options
    i think youve hit the nail on the head there byny (as always:) )