Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

hmm whats your thoughts on teen pregnancy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was jus wondering what you guys think about Teen pregnancy, My mates 15, and pregnant, and doesnt regret it at all..Apart from the fact that everyones judging her. Okay first off..She knew what the consequences were gonna be if she didnt use a condom, and quite frankly that didnt bother her at all. SHE IS in a stable relationship, and has been since she was 13. Im not really sure what to think on this one, but im gonna give her all the support she needs, Because i truley do beleive she'd be a good mother...Even tho shes still a baby herself. I just know shes gonna have trouble supporting the baby, and with school n shit. And most probably get looked down on by everyone...But i dunno why people have to judge. Anyways..
whats your thoughts on this? =/

Comments

• Options
    haha shit, i wrote this in the WRONG column. :o! shoot me..hahaa
  • Options
    you were thinking about summat else...drugs!
    coming from a big city ..manchester....know of lots of families been in this situation. she needs support not judgement, life's hard enough as it is. yes she'll have problems..every parent does..and yes she'll find it tough going being so young. but if she's a caring confident girl there's absolutely no reason she wont make a greaT mum. teenage pregs was quite common in the victorian era...tough then but it wasn't at all unusual.
    i wish her and her sprogg the very very best for the future.........
    now what was you thinking about drugs then.. ?
  • Options
    I have nothing wrong with teenage pregnancies so long as the mother or the father or both act maturely in the child's upbringing.

I have devised the following questions for you to ponder:

1. Would the parent(s) have sufficient income to support the child? (Mere love is not necessarily enough)

2. Would the parent(s) have support from:

 A partner;
     Parents;
     Friends.

3. Would the parent(s) be living in undesirable conditions due to a lack of income, a lack of support or otherwise?

4. Would the parent(s) be able to devote sufficient time to their child's upbringing?

5. Would the parent(s) be able or willing to make sacrifices for their child?

6. Would the parent(s) have to forgo educational and career developments because of their child?

7. How would the parent(s) cope with the social stigma and the moral implication attached to teenage pregnancies?
  • Options
    GOOD QUESTIONS.....but the point is i think not wether teen pregs should be planned but "my friend is pregnant!"
    i would disagree totaly with teen pregnancies that were planned
    but if she's already pregnant then she needs support not grief.
    and to be honest i dont believe most 15 yr old girls would be able to realy comprehend your questions..simple as they are...on a long term basis. if thier dumb enough to start planning to become pregnant and think that at 13 you can be having a serious relationship then they are deffinately not going to comprehend such sensible questions as you ask.
  • Options
    Why are you posting this for the second time?

http://www.thesite.org.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28223
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Why are you posting this for the second time?

http://www.thesite.org.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28223

*was also wondering*

If you simply created it again by accident you could've deleted it. So you can't use that as an excuse.
  • Options
    A couple more questions...

How many people in the world at the moment?

How many people is the world's agriculture industry set to feed?

Sorry, i think people are being too nice about this. I'm not saying we should stop people having children, in fact thats the last thing i'm saying.
    I think we should start paying attention to this now, before it becomes nessicary to enforce a "1 child per family" law like in china.

We are lucky enough to live in a country that supplies sex education, welfare suport, NHS counceling, free contraceptives (by whatever method you want) and NHS abortions. For gods sake use he advantages we've been given.

People that have children should activly want them, not just be put in a situation where having one seems like slightly less hasstle than not.

Please don't get me started on place's that outlaw abotion clinics...