Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A pathetic new low

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wou'dn't say I've hit rock bottom, but I'm certainly in shallow waters at the minute. This morning I had a bollocking so severe I fainted right there and then (the lack of food and sleep hadn't helped), now I'm having the rest of the day off on doctor's orders. I feel like I can't carry on like this. I don't want to lose my job, but if I stay I'm likely to have a nervous breakdown the way things are carrying on.:nervous:

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm it is tough in these climates at the moment, whered do you ask may I ask? have you thought about moving jobs at all?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Hmmm it is tough in these climates at the moment, whered do you ask may I ask? have you thought about moving jobs at all?
    I have thought about moving jobs, or even starting my own business, but in these times jobs are very hard to come by.
  • Options
    your health is so much more important than a job. job vs nervous breakdowh which would you choose! can i ask why you were getting bollocked so much? is it because you're finding the job hard to do and making mistakes or is it just a stressful work environment to work in?
  • Options
    your health is so much more important than a job. job vs nervous breakdowh which would you choose! can i ask why you were getting bollocked so much? is it because you're finding the job hard to do and making mistakes or is it just a stressful work environment to work in?

The major complaint is my lack of communication. I find talking to people very difficult, and in an environment where teamwork is very important this is a problem. The trouble is, if I get a particularly shouty boss, it makes me even more scared to talk to them! :nervous:
    I also make many stupid mistakes, but then lots of people do. I just feel like I'm getting singled out for the blame (I'm probably not, I think its just me being paranoid).
  • Options
    That sounds terrible man, I'm really sorry to hear that - it's a dreadful thing when the work you need is a big contributing factor to how bad you are feeling.

Can I ask if your workplace have put anything in place to actually help deal with the situation. Ideally a good workplace shouldn't just highlight problems but should work with you to try and deal with their concerns.

Can you approach them for a chance to discuss the issues outside of a bollocking - so that things might be calmer and then go to that meeting with some prepared notes about how you feel and what you think might help? They would hopefully be prepared to do the same and as a result maybe some kind of training or support could be put in place to improve the situation?
  • Options
    Eh? Is that spam or what?

OP have you considered taking some time off as sick leave to help get level again?
  • Options
    Well, that's it. I've handed in my notice. TBH, I've struggled at this job from day 1 and its remarkable I've lasted this long. I've been threatened with the sack so many times already so I decided it was better to quit while I'm ahead.
  • Options
    Good idea. It'll definitely look better on your CV if you quit rather than were fired.
  • Options
    I've been in your situation before. There was a theory that I dislocated my knee because of the stress causing me to skip meals, have no energy with being down etc. I quit the job too. Even though I was still under doctors orders, they carried on the pressure more and more. Thinking because I was 18 (at the time) I would be ignorant of my rights, but unfortunatley for them I wasn't.

Granted it's taken me nearly a year to even get a job (I'm starting a work trail next week, only at McDonalds. But it's something good!), all I've done is work for free for experience when I can get it in the time I quit.

Good luck with finding a new job. :) As Firey said your health is more important!