Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Last counselling Session

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya guys,
Well this is it - in 25 minutes i will start my last counselling session and to be honest i am really really nervous about finishing. Although i know that ive got support elsewhere it still feels horrible. And those of you whom are in similar situations with depression, s/h n anxiety for example will know how difficult it is to access services in order to help yourselves.
Im going to waterworld on Saturday and im really nervous because ive got scars all over my body - well thats an exageration ive got them on my arms and my legs but it still seems to affect me - and yeh like was said last nite on chat if i think that they will be looking they will sense it and probably will look. Im just a tad nervous - as its only my best m8 n my boyfriend that know about my scars - although my boyfriend is the only one that knows about my current scars.
Im starting stuff with my mental health liasion worker in a couple of weeks and although i will probably build a good relationship with her. Its just someone else that i have to tell about my problems. My counsellor is going to send information to her as they both work for the university and then they can make sure that i get the right support. ARRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
God im so nervous that im finishing - its like you get attached to the support and i know that i need to move on but its still difficult.

Oh btw, i got my bikini was £7 instead of £30 - just gona not think about how my scars look and will look at how i can cope with it at waterworld - ive never been so it should be a good chance to relax and then hopefully for that amount of time it will have taken all of my worries away. :nervous:

love jennie
xx

Comments

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, a good proportion of the people in waterworld won't be able to see your scars because you can't wear specs in there. Also, most people are having too much fun to really look at anyone else's body. You never have to see those people ever again, so try not to worry about what they think.
  • Options
    hey

I go to my gym every other day and swim. I have scars on my arms and legs. At the end of the day you just have to live with it. Its part of you. People dont think 'cutter!! ARGH' and if they do, then fuck em. They dont know you, they dont know why you have them.

I used to suffer panic attacks in the bath just looking at them. Its taken me time and effort to be cool about it and with myself. But its so much easier when you just accept yourself, live with it, move on.

Also try a steriod cream from your Drs. They are helpful, or bio oil or something like that. Its good to rub them aftet the bath. Reduced redness and helps flatten them down.

Also in a way its a good state to be in. At least you can concentrate on getting your skin better and not concetrate on covering up cuts. Be proud of your healed cuts, cause at least its a sign to yourself you /were/ a cutter but had the strength to stop.
  • Options
    Thankyou for your reply. I just hope that i can find another way to cope instead of cutting myself as i can worry about them but at the end of the day im still doing it. Will get there in the end i suppose.
    xx