Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

How short is your hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I had a haircut. I said I wanted it short but the hairdresser nearly shaved all my hair off!! :mad: Now I feel a bit regret of this.. I look like a football hooligan... :(

I think I will have my cap on all the time now. Anyone got really short hair here?

Comments

• Options
    halfway down my back, but hey, dont worry about it im female:D

dont worry about your haircut, it'll grow. im sure loadsa people on here have got really short hair.:cool:
  • Options
    Re: How short is your hair
    Originally posted by Nice Kick
    Today I had a haircut. I said I wanted it short but the hairdresser nearly shaved all my hair off!! :mad:

That happened to me once...then I realised I went to the butchers :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Seriously though, it did happen (well, not the butcher bit :p). It was fucking annoying though, I didn't suit it at all. :mad:
  • Options
    I thought a change would be good, but yes it didnt suit me too. I am going to hide myself to avoid being laughed at...
  • Options
    LOL. I've had really short hair for a few years but have decided to grow it back out again. It's at that annoying stage where it's too short to be long, but too long to be short. Grr.... One day this summer I'm probably going to get sick of it and shave it all off! I keep threatening to do that every time I go to the hair dressers. She gets really anxious too because I always say "shorter, shorter, shorter". Poor lady. I think she'd have a heart attack if I told her to just shave my head. :D
  • Options
    I had shoulder length hair till yesterday :eek: I said i wanted it short(ish!)...i look like a boy :(

Actually it aint that bad! I look kinda cool! :)
  • Options
    Mines about 0.5mm

I dont get laughed at
  • Options
    i used to be a long haired hippy..almost waist length at one point!
    alas it has now all gone. so i have two options; a comb over or a shaved head......so i'm now as bald as a fence post! and i like it...
  • Options
    i used to be a long haired hippy..almost waist length at one point!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    my mum cut my brothers hair, but she was really tired and didnt put the guard on the razor on and cut off all his hair, he had an xam that day to, which he failed
    because of it :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    didnt put the guard on the razor on
    My brother did exactly that, except he decided to begin shaving through the middle of his head, so he ended up with a bald patch right through the centre. hehe.

I prefer men with closely shaven heads actually - way better than the spiked look that used to be 'in'. Lightly spiked okay, but guys who dollop on gallons of gel to achieve the effect... eugh....
  • Options
    i hate the feel of short hair so im growing mine :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    guys who dollop on gallons of gel to achieve the effect... eugh....
    *story time*

I knew this guy once, who had very nice hair. Dark, and it was in a curtains style. Then the eejit goes and mucks it up by having it spiked. Note that he didn't cut it. So he spent about an hour every day gelling his spikes into place. These spikes being about 3 inches tall. :eek: In the end, someone let him know that he looked like a twat, and his response was to dye the tips blonde. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have a number one back and sides, number 3/4 on top. I have to have my haircut twice a month because it grows so fast.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I have a number one back and sides, number 3/4 on top. I have to have my haircut twice a month because it grows so fast.

I know the feeling, I hate my hair coz it just grows so goddam fast !! I usually get a number 2 back and sides and just get my top bit trimmed.
  • Options
    *starts off where Tash left*

A guy from class used to use so much gel in the hair, and it looked awful! I even started to get this disgusting feeling in my stomach, cause as he had black gelled hair, it would remind me of black slugs. URGH!

And talking about long spikes. I was once doing my friends hair into spikes (about 3 years ago), and then this other guy (also witha curtain style) asked if I could do some for him as well. So he was walking around all day with spikes in the length of 5-8 cm's! Not to mention, he actually went to the movies later. Poor people, sitting behind him.

Hmm, ok, thats all for now. Just though I'd continue Tash's hijacking :D
  • Options
    got my hair dyed blonde yesterday, used to be dark brown.

I'm regretting it mucho. In a couple of days if I'm still not happy I'll either go dark blue or back to brown *sigh*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt

I'm regretting it mucho. In a couple of days if I'm still not happy I'll either go dark blue or back to brown *sigh*
    I respect any guy who has the guts to dye their hair (except middle aged men who want to look 30 years younger :D )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    I dyed my hair from blonde to brown, and it still looks kind of blonde... and a bit brown. I am actually confused as to what colour it is now.
    I am staying off the damn hair dye in future!
  • Options
    Had mine cut on Thursday... No2 back and sides, very short spikes and just a touch of gel on top. And it's black. :p

I must have seen this post coming! But please don't think of me as a slug, Jacq!! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by nightrocker
    Had mine cut on Thursday... No2 back and sides, very short spikes and just a touch of gel on top. And it's black. :p
    Yet another Sonic the Hedgehog imitator... :p
    Nah just messing, glad you opted for the 'very short spikes' I have to say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nightrocker

I must have seen this post coming! But please don't think of me as a slug, Jacq!! ;)

*tries not too*

But it gives some bad assosiations :p Ha ha
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*

Yet another Sonic the Hedgehog imitator... :p
    Nah just messing, glad you opted for the 'very short spikes' I have to say.

Well I do try and keep things a little tasteful. :cool:

The real "Sonic" round here was a guy with three inch gelled spikes across his head. Then he dyed the tips blonde. Now it's back to normal and his hyperactivity's doubled.... hmmmm :rolleyes:

And Jacq, don't go having any nightmares tonight, will you. :p:D
  • Options
    You're in luck rocker. I never remember my dreams (ver rare), so no slugs for me, as far as I am concerned:D

*has the sonic theme song in head*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    *starts off where Tash left*

A guy from class used to use so much gel in the hair, and it looked awful! I even started to get this disgusting feeling in my stomach, cause as he had black gelled hair, it would remind me of black slugs. URGH!

And talking about long spikes. I was once doing my friends hair into spikes (about 3 years ago), and then this other guy (also witha curtain style) asked if I could do some for him as well. So he was walking around all day with spikes in the length of 5-8 cm's! Not to mention, he actually went to the movies later. Poor people, sitting behind him.

Hmm, ok, thats all for now. Just though I'd continue Tash's hijacking :D

I swear to god there's a Danish-accented echo in this room. :p
  • Options
    well my hair is not long its just a $&^$%"^ mess
    its like a bad afro. about 35mm long
    it needs cutting , but that means having my head shaved and then it looks like i had lice and nits! :( :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

I swear to god there's a Danish-accented echo in this room. :p

And is that a bad thing? :p:confused::p
  • Options
    My hair's two inches long, at that perfect stage where it starts to curl if I leave it wet, and of course the stage where my mother begins to pester me to have it cut. :mad: :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

And is that a bad thing? :p:confused::p
    Not at all, pray continue the hijacking :p

And to actually answer the question posed in the thread, my hair is bloody waist length. Again. I had it cut to my shoulder blades about 3 months ago, and it's just grown right back! Couple the long length of my hair with the fact that it is very thick, heavy and changes colours in the sun (dark brown to red :D ) the upkeep is huge.
  • Options
    I can nearly sit on my hair, it's brown and really thick. I love it.:D :D:D
  • Options
    I have hair just below my shoulder blades. It is a light brown colour almost blond. In winter it goes really dark brown and in summer it gos really light brown. It is weird. I had it cut about a month back and it used to be to my waist then. :) I like my hair. It is really difficult to look after. i know someody with the spikes and the mountains of gel. It looks nice though. (it is my ex)