Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The sooner this government is kicked out the better. I can't stand the Tories, but even I'd be willing to pay that price to kick out a government that has systematically destroyed so many basic civil liberties.

If you can't afford to enforce a crime, tough. This ever-growing sector of guilty-until-proven-innocent crimes that place a single person as judge, jury and executioner, and put person in the position of then having to challenge their innocence, is massively worrying. People being fined for dropping an apple core in a park, or overfilling their bin by 2 inches. Do me a fucking favour. If you can't afford the full legal process, then it's obviously not an important enough crime to enforce. You'll have to think of more creative ways of making sure it doesn't happen in the first place, or prioritise by, I dunno, not coming up with batshit crazy ideas like increasing the number of petty drugs offences that require legal action, because of a ridiculous idea to increase cannabis to a class A drug.