Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice/tips on sex please lol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend have been talking and decided that we're both ready to sleep with eachother (he's 20, soon to be 21 and im 18). We've had a steady relationship and we've both said it feels completely right. The only thing is, both of us are virgins lol, so naturally we're both a bit nervous and unsure about things. He's said he wants to make the night perfect and special for me, which is very sweet, but its not just about me its about him aswell. Therefore i'd like some advice so that i can make him happy and make sure things are right for him. I have a few questions lol;
1) Obviously we dont just dive straight in lol - any tips for setting a good atmosphere and starting it off?
2) Do i help guide him in? I know im going to be tight and it might be difficult for him
3) i dont wanna have 'dead fish syndrome' lol, so when he's on top of me, whats the best thing to do with my hands and knees etc?
4) Iv heard that some people bleed for a few hours when the hymen breaks, so do i need to take any pantie liners? and will it hurt when it is broken?
5) Is it expected for me to shave/wax down there? Or do most people have it natural?
6) I'm sure theres a few things iv forgotten to ask lol so any tips or advice on anything else would be appreciated ^_^ i'd especially like to know how to keep my boyfriend happy and enjoy himself. I know the first time wont be great, but I'd still like it to be as good as possible.

And yes, i know about contraception etc - so no worries there

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    1) forplay, plenty of it, gets u going, wet so it will be easier as its ur first time
    2) do guide him in and tell him what feels good, the speed etc, as its ur first time it might take a bit of experimenting to find out what u like, what he likes
    3)knees, i would have no idea tbh, u could (with ur hands) rub urself, my x did that and she said she really thought it helped her get off as it were, or you could play wiht him
    4)i would have no idea as everyone i've slept with hasn't been a virgin, but i believe it is true that u bleed so do take some just incase its alot of blood
    5)all up 2 you tbh, what ever ur comftable with
    6) just have a good time and enjoy it, make sure it won't be something u regret

hope this helps
  • Options
    Baked Bean wrote: »
    The only thing is, both of us are virgins lol, so naturally we're both a bit nervous and unsure about things. He's said he wants to make the night perfect and special for me, which is very sweet, but its not just about me its about him as well. Therefore i'd like some advice so that i can make him happy and make sure things are right for him. I have a few questions lol;

Well, I am probably at least twice the age of most of the people on this forum, but things probably haven't changed that much LOL!
    1) Obviously we dont just dive straight in lol - any tips for setting a good atmosphere and starting it off?

You are quite right to want to set the scene a bit. As a starter, I would suggest tidying the bedroom, putting clean linen on the bed, and turning down the lighting (or use a few candles). Although you have been together for a while, have you ever seen each other naked? Dress for the occasion - choose clothes that are easy to take off but can serve to make removal part of the foreplay. Have a glass or two of wine (or whatever) by all means, but avoid getting drunk.
    2) Do i help guide him in? I know im going to be tight and it might be difficult for him

Yes, definitely. It might well be tight (and possibly painful for you) at first, so I would suggest getting a lubricant - KY Jelly or similar - from the chemist.
    3) i dont wanna have 'dead fish syndrome' lol, so when he's on top of me, whats the best thing to do with my hands and knees etc?

Wrap yourself round him. You know there are lots of books available which show different positions and describe the advantages and disadvantages of each. You should never be passive, i.e. a dead fish. Thrust with him. It will be more pleasurable for you both - though perhaps not immediately. NB it is extremely unlikely that you will orgasm first time. In fact, it may be a while before you discover what does it for you. Don't worry about it. Your boyfriend shouldn't feel in any way to blame - just keep experimenting!
    4) Iv heard that some people bleed for a few hours when the hymen breaks, so do i need to take any pantie liners? and will it hurt when it is broken?

If you wear tampons for your period, it is likely that you have already broken your hymen. I don't remember bleeding when I lost my virginity.
    5) Is it expected for me to shave/wax down there? Or do most people have it natural?

Men don't normally expect women to shave, though you might consider a bikini wax, so that you look your best in your new sexy undies. On that note, consider if your usual undies are up to the mark for seduction purposes. If not, I would invest in some new lacy numbers.

Anyway, good luck and best wishes.
  • Options
    your first time will probably horrible. Get it over with and have muchos fun after you get the hang of it. :thumb:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    your first time will probably horrible. Get it over with and have muchos fun after you get the hang of it. :thumb:

Dude, based on what she's told us about their relationship, there's no reason why it should be horrible at all.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Dude, based on what she's told us about their relationship, there's no reason why it should be horrible at all.

I agree. It's not like they are young, immature teens grabbing a quick shag behind the shed. I think they have a good chance of making this a success. My cousin lost her virginity a few months ago and she had a very pleasant experience. :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't set it up to be perfect- keep talking and laugh if it goes wrong. try to relax- this will simplify everything.