Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry about this post, its going to be really long coz things are really getting me down.

Problem 1: Lucy.
Since the 'im obsessed with her' joke, she is ignoring me yet again. it is really getting on my nerves and im fed up of it.

Problem 2: My ex.
one of the problems we had was she lied to me all the time. our entire relationship was a lie. 1) she never loved me, she didnt even fancy me. 2) she had no intension (sp?) of ever meeting up with me again (it was a long distance relationship. 3) she had another guy on the go while she was going out with me. 4) the whole relationship was so she could show off to her mates that she had a guy in another part of the country wrapped round her little finger.

about a month ago, i told her to get out of my life. well, the other day she came back into it and promised things would be different, and that she only wanted to be friends. well fine, i could cope with that. she told me she was going to take things slow with her boyfriend. but today she told me shes been fucking him every day since June 1st. 4 days after she told me that 14 was too young to be having sex.

she's lied to me again and im sick to death of it.

Problem 3: My brother.
my brother is two years younger than me (im 15 hes 13). i find it really hard to make friends and keep them, and i find it nearly impossible to have romantic relationships at all. Well, he has no problem making friends and is constantly surrounded by girls. Also, the other day he got dumped by one, and my parents are telling me to feel sorry for him?????

then, theres loads of small things, like him drinking. my parents wouldnt even let me drink alcohol until i was 14, and then it couldnt be anything over 2.8%. im nearly 16 now and i've only just been allowed to drink anyting over 5%. Well, hes 13 and hes already drinking 5% alcohol. its not fair. also, i had to wait until i was 14 until i could have a mobile, he got his at 12.

everything about him is getting me down at the moment.

Problem 4: School.
i've just finished all my GCSE exams, which means im not going to see most of my friends again because they're all staying on into 6th form and im going to college.

Summary
Everything is really getting to me and im feeling really really depressed. suicide is looking more and more of a promising way out. im right on the edge and i know that sometime soon, im going to flip and do something i'll really regret.

sorry about all of this everyone, i just wanted to get this off my chest.

dai

Comments

• Options
    Re: suicide

Aww, Have you considered speaking to a doctor or a consellor (SP?) about the way you are feeling?

:(
  • Options
    You're making a mountain out of a molehill AGAIN.

Lucy:IGNORE her, get her out of your life. She has done nothing to make herself be your friend, she is an unappreciative, conspiring bitch.

Your Ex:She is your ex, she lives on the otherside of the country. Stop contacting her, don't reply to her texts and don't think about calling her, e-mailing her or ringing her. She is a little 14 year old slut.

Your Brother: Sibling rivalry is not uncommon, talk to your parents about the differences between how you are both treated. At the end of the day, your bro sounds like God compared to mine so it's not exactly a problem.

School:You think that's a problem???!!!??? Look at it this way, you're leaving behind the biggest bunch of tossers you have ever known. College will be a fresh start, you'll meet other people who are a lot more mature than the people you're leaving behind. Everyone at college is in the same boat as you, and it is easier to make friends. I should know because this is what I did.

Summary: I know people will disagree with me, but IMO suicide is the wuss's way out. It is a solution for the weak willed, instead of facing up to your problems you run away. And at the end of the day, you don't really have any problems anyway, you'd kill yourself over 2 girls and your brother. hardly a lot to cry about really, especially compared to some of the problems I've had over the last week. Count yourself lucky mate, that all you have to worry about is how 2 bitches treat you. because they ARE bitches. Just get them out of your life, and look forward to your new one at college.
  • Options
    i agree with Whowhere. 15 is a young age to decide that life isnt worth living. at that age girlfriends do come and go, your young and im sure that when your older you'll have plenty of serious relationships. as for leaving your friends behind and going to college, thats what i did this time last year and its great! people who stay on at sixth form see the same people as they have been through their school years. when you go to college you meet new people and you'll probably become alot more happy and confident etc as well. also, it cant be too hard to stay in touch with your mates from school, if there true mates than the fact that youve decided to go to college shouldnt change a thing. friends change through your life anyway. in secondary school my circle of mates changed completely from the ones i had in primary school. then when i went to college i made a new circle of frineds, but have stayed in touch with my bestest school mates. no doubt my friends will change again when i leave college and get a job cos we'll all be doing our own thing and i'll be with my workmates more often. you shouldnt let it get you down. girls are certainly not worth killing yourself over. i felt like this on monday night, i went out and had some paracetomol in my bag and saw this lad i i think i love and hes just a mate and nothing else and i so considered going in the toilet and taking the pills cos i cant bear being just his mate. infact i think i did go in the toilet and was gonna take them but i started throwing up instead cos i was crying so much it made me sick. talk to someone about how you feel, they could help you. just be thankful that youve found out the truth about these two girls before anything got too serious. im not gonna tell you that things will get better given time cos i know that wont help but im am gonna say that you will be so pleased in a few years time when you have grown up, made a career out of yourself, got yourself a beautiful girlfriend and the rest, and you'll know that you are strong for getting through your problem.:)
  • Options
    ok, here's my view:

1. Agree with whowhere, just ignore her, she's messing with your mind. If necessary tell her calmly that you won't put up with it anymore

2. You're well aware of why this relationship didn't work. Be glad she lives far away so you're not about to bump into her and be glad you got rid of someone who lies. 14 is too young to be having sex, she's probably lying to you anyway. Either that or, as whowhere said, she's a slut.

3. Unfortunately the older siblings seem to get a harder deal as they're the first to do stuff so parents are stricter. It happened to so many of my friends who had older sisters, my friends got to do stuff at an earlier age. Maybe talk to your parents about it.

4. If you want to see your friends, you will. I moved schools after GCSEs and am still in touch with those I wanted to stay in touch with. Plus you'll make some new friends, so you'll have more friends than before and that can only be a good thing.

Summary: I think you need to talk to someone about this, keep talking on here if it helps coz people do care, or talk to a friend, or a parent or a professional. I think the stage of life you're in, having just left school can be unsettling and can make you feel a bit lost and insecure. It won't stay like that forever, sometimes you just have to keep going thru the shitty times. The one good thing about feeling as down as you are is that the only way for you to go is up. Stand back from yourself and take a good look, you've just done GCSEs, you're gonna start college and meet loadsa new people. really life has barely started, do you really want to end it? Think of all the things you'd miss.

Take care, and don't do anything stupid
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Okay, like Whowhere said, upset JUST because of two silly little twits, one who is NO mate of yours obviously, judging by what you have said, and one who is somewhere else in the country, who you never see, and is bound to be lying about stuff, especially at the age of 14! It's the NET, what do you expect? But I will say, there are some people who don't lie, even at that age, but most people do, because they can! It's easy!

Your brother, well, that's not exactly a big problem ya nearly 16 right? Well, soon you can do what you bloody well like! To hell with them, it's not your brother you have the real problem with, it's your parents, but then again, it's not exactly a BIG thing not being able to drink too much Alcohol!

Your school, well you've just finished your GCSE's, and you're about to go off to college, again, like Whowhere said, you will meet new people there, and if your mates are good, they will still keep in touch!

The Summary, suicide? Honestly? You are reading too much into this hon, chill out okay? Soon, you will be 16, and going to college to make a start to your new life, if you have goals you want to acheive (besides suicide) I mean REAL goals, then don't be so silly as to think suicide is the ONLY answer, because it isn't!

Just keep note of the good things that are going on in your life, and sod the rest!

Sorry to be so 'out there', but suicide is not the answer for you mate! So try and get that out of your mind!
  • Options
    Just fuck it all, who cares anymore, the whole world is nuts, so dont care about your ex, just call her a slut and tell her she is, DID it in, hit it home, make her feel bad! Your brother, just leave him, forget it, and your parents, you can leave home soon.

Fuck it all.
  • Options
    can I just say, having glanced through a few peoples responses in this thread and i'd like to make a few points. I don't like to see other people's feelings dismissed. Ok, the lad's 15 and his problems may seem kinda trivial in comparison to some of the things that happen in life. BUT these are his feelings. We all sometimes get really depressed about things that may seem small to others and its not really very constructive to 'invalidate' (for want of a better word) someone's feelings. If this lad feels low about things and wants to talk to someone and wants support then shouldnt we be offering to just listen, without making him feel worse.

This is only my opinion, but on the suicide front, no one thinks about suicide because they're a happy littly bunny living in fluffy land. Yes, suicide is a bad idea. Suicide isnt very good for your health but i'm sure most of us have been there where we can't see any way out and nothing seems to be getting better. I bet most people know what it feels like to think about it and if we're honest, I think a lot of us don't do it because we're scared to actually die rather than because we realise that its not the right answer. I mean, when you feel like that, it doesnt matter how many people tell you it's a stupid thing to do etc etc, it doesnt make any difference but if someone will listen to you and let you get it off your chest, sometimes that makes a difference and you can see things clearer at the end.

I've forgotted your name sorry, but id like to say to the lad who started the thread that if you want to sound off at someone you're welcome to add me to your msn!

good luck

btw, this wasnt meant to be a personal criticism of anybody. It's just my impression.
  • Options
    Neo, Honey, we're actually trying to convince him NOT to kill himself babes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mancmanomyst
    can I just say, having glanced through a few peoples responses in this thread and i'd like to make a few points. I don't like to see other people's feelings dismissed. Ok, the lad's 15 and his problems may seem kinda trivial in comparison to some of the things that happen in life. BUT these are his feelings. We all sometimes get really depressed about things that may seem small to others and its not really very constructive to 'invalidate' (for want of a better word) someone's feelings. If this lad feels low about things and wants to talk to someone and wants support then shouldnt we be offering to just listen, without making him feel worse.

This is only my opinion, but on the suicide front, no one thinks about suicide because they're a happy littly bunny living in fluffy land. Yes, suicide is a bad idea. Suicide isnt very good for your health but i'm sure most of us have been there where we can't see any way out and nothing seems to be getting better. I bet most people know what it feels like to think about it and if we're honest, I think a lot of us don't do it because we're scared to actually die rather than because we realise that its not the right answer. I mean, when you feel like that, it doesnt matter how many people tell you it's a stupid thing to do etc etc, it doesnt make any difference but if someone will listen to you and let you get it off your chest, sometimes that makes a difference and you can see things clearer at the end.

I've forgotted your name sorry, but id like to say to the lad who started the thread that if you want to sound off at someone you're welcome to add me to your msn!

good luck

btw, this wasnt meant to be a personal criticism of anybody. It's just my impression.

I didnt see my response as dismissive.
    All of his posts about "lucy" have always been about him being depressed. I have repeatedly told him the only solution is to just cut the bitch off. Dai mate, she is a bitch. Until you realise that you are going to be miserable. You have to open your eyes and realise that you are better than her, you don't need to look after her, you don't need to care about her if she treats you like a piece of shit.
    You are only 16, you don't need this shit, you should be having a good time with friends, not worrying about some bitch girl who doesn't know when she is on to a good thing.

And I say again, DON'T even consider suicide, you have everything to live for and nothing that's worth killing yourself over.
  • Options
    This is only my opinion, but on the suicide front, no one thinks about suicide because they're a happy littly bunny living in fluffy land. [/B]

Excuse me?? Happy little bunny living in fluffy land? Not everyone is like that thank you very much!

I've thought about it, and I still do, but then I think to myself that my problems aren't as bad as to take my own life!

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with sounding off, and I respect that his problems are big to him, but SUICIDE? That's serious stuff!!

We're not trying to tell him that his problems mean nothing, because they do, we're trying to tell him not to think such stupid thoughts as suicide!

As to the Happy little bunny thing, I cannot believe you would think that! You have no idea what goes on in peoples lives behind the curtains!
  • Options
    Originally posted by QuEeN FrEaK

Excuse me?? Happy little bunny living in fluffy land? Not everyone is like that thank you very much!

I've thought about it, and I still do, but then I think to myself that my problems aren't as bad as to take my own life!

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with sounding off, and I respect that his problems are big to him, but SUICIDE? That's serious stuff!!

We're not trying to tell him that his problems mean nothing, because they do, we're trying to tell him not to think such stupid thoughts as suicide!

As to the Happy little bunny thing, I cannot believe you would think that! You have no idea what goes on in peoples lives behind the curtains!

Hang on a minute, calm down.
    All I was saying was that people who are suicidal arn't happy people and they're not doing it lightly. I said exactly the same as you but in different words.

You can't tell someone not to think suicidal thoughts, they're not doing it for the fun of it. It's the way they feel. Telling someone that having suicidal thoughts is hardly helping matters. You just make them feel guilty for having those feelings and then they'll stop talking about their feelings for fear of reprisal.

No-one should ever feel guilty for having those feelings. We all go through it at some stage. Please don't suffer in silence, talk to people. A problem shared is a problem halved. You can't deal with everything on your own!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Neo, Honey, we're actually trying to convince him NOT to kill himself babes.

Sorry, shoulda made myself clear, when i say fuck it all, i mean just leave it, ignore it, forget about it and get back to being a happy person, just think about yourself and not others, forget about them all and just think about yourself. Sorry.
  • Options
    Sorry about that post everyone, its just every now and again things really get me down.

Both the girls are out of my life now and im trying to get along wit my bro but its hard.

sorry bout the post though, thise just really overwhelmed(sp?) yesterday.

Dai
  • Options
    You never need to apologize for the way that you feel. And getting it off your chest was good. That's why this place is here-so you can post when things are bothering you and you need support or advice.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Stick with it, and chin up. :)
  • Options
    Again

Suicide is a PERMANAT solution to a TEMORARY problem!!!

To ur ex, and lucy, u just need to cut the losses and forget about them, they are doing u more damage than good. It not guna be easy but if u constantly keep going back ur just guna get hurt and hurt again!

Ur goin college u WILL meet new people there. And besides u can still always meet ur m8s from school when u finish college.

the thing with ur brother is common. My bro is 2 years younger than me and we used to get treated similary as u described. But time heals that.

Ur 15, shit is confusing at that age dont give up on life
  • Options
    Originally posted by dai fychan
    Sorry about that post everyone, its just every now and again things really get me down.

Both the girls are out of my life now and im trying to get along wit my bro but its hard.

sorry bout the post though, thise just really overwhelmed(sp?) yesterday.

Dai

It's ok, happens to the best of us. But suicide is never the way out, and all of us get really down from time to time.