Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sorry for the moan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry I just need to let off steam

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Has anyone else found 2009 to be the worst year ever? I know bad things happen all the time but I mean in general. Most people I speak to at the moment are really down and have been all year, and I will most certainly be celebrating on new years eve, I will be glad to see the back of this year. I feel like crap when I say that cos I got married this year and all I'm gonna think about when I think back to my wedding is a horrible time.

I believe in horoscopes and psycic abilities etc so am genuinly interested to know if it's just written that this year should be crap. Now I sound like a fruitloop. :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe it is because everyone is under pressure from financial forces and it has a knock on effect on how people behave and see the world. like they need to hoard resources and be less generous and share less and give other people less of a chance, take less risks and get less rewards.
    yeahwalk wrote: »
    maybe it is because everyone is under pressure from financial forces and it has a knock on effect on how people behave and see the world. like they need to hoard resources and be less generous and share less and give other people less of a chance, take less risks and get less rewards.

:yes:

You're probably right, damn recession.
    I agree with the recession theory, even if people are not directly affected by it, i think it still colours our view of the world.
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I feel like crap when I say that cos I got married this year and all I'm gonna think about when I think back to my wedding is a horrible time.

:crying:

I Know how you feel, I got married in 2008 & have had 2 miscarriages since. the thing is, you never think of what may lie ahead on the day you get married, if someone had told me on my wedding day that I would have 2 mc's in the following 8 months I would have laughed in their face! But thats the thing about life that you can't control, & you just have to roll with the punches, but I still do try to look back on my wedding day with the joy & happiness, that I felt on that day, & you should too, don't let anyone take that away from you:)