Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnant, or not pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I thought I was pregnant last Monday, I was tired and crying all the time. Which isn't normally like me! I took a pregnany test on the Monday and another on the Wednesday, both came back negative!
However on Friday i came onto my period for a few hours, by the time I woke up on the Saturday I was no longer on! This was so wierd, never happened before. I didn't use contraception with my ex a number of times between 3-5 weeks, stupid i know.
Do you think there is still a possibility that I am pregnant? Other signs are nausea and feeling exhausted all the time.
Please help :) xx

UPDATED!
By the way, it was 3-5 weeks ago from yesterday so when i done my pregnancy test last Monday and Wednesday there still could be a chance right? Because i could have been 2 or 3 weeks pregnant? Plus i have done it 2-3 in the last few weeks! And everyone i know im stupid!
Oh and the last test i done, there was a small pink blob at the bottom of where its suppose to have a line if your pregnant. Could that mean anything? Oh and they wer cheap ones!

Comments

• Options
    Try testing yourself again?
  • Options
    Well to be honest if your not using contraceptives for a large amount of time, then the odds are agaisnt you.....You say you feel ill and exuasted, those are two symptons of pregnancy.

I really would get yourself down to a family planning clinic/doctors/GP, they can also offer you advice on whats your next step if you are pregnant, and if not they can help with contraceptives.

And not using condoms for atleast 3 weeks? very stupid. I use the pill AND condoms and you can still never be to safe.
  • Options
    Well to be honest if your not using contraceptives for a large amount of time, then the odds are agaisnt you.....You say you feel ill and exuasted, those are two symptons of pregnancy.

Those are probably two symptoms of a placebo effect too.
    If the test came out 2 times as negative and you didn't have sex after those tests I say the chances are very slim, but you could always go to your gynecologist to be extra sure.
  • Options
    If the last time you had unprotected sex was 3 weeks ago, and the tests are negative, most likely you aren't pregnant. That said, it's not impossible, so I'd go speak to your doctor. While you're there you could ask about more effective methods of contraception :)
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    If the last time you had unprotected sex was 3 weeks ago, and the tests are negative, most likely you aren't pregnant. That said, it's not impossible, so I'd go speak to your doctor. While you're there you could ask about more effective methods of contraception :)

i think the small pink blob where there would have been a line, is suspicious. I would be taking a re-test pretty pronto tbh.
  • Options
    The bit about the blob wasn't there when I replied! I agree, I'd re-test, maybe with a different brand? Or one of those digital tests, that spells it out for you.

I'm generally confused by the OP, though. Are you wanting to be pregnant, or wanting not to be?
  • Options
    I have previously in the past thought i were pregnant. I took a test, it was negative then got my period but it was different. It turned out i wasn't pregnant but i was really stressed at that time+I was becoming depressed. My advice is to get a more expensive+reliable brand of a pregnancy test+if your still uncertain go to your doctors.