Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

back to square one

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying: Heya,
I apologise in advance. Im back to square one - well it feels like it....im restricting again, S/H, and my BPD is really difficult atm. :banghead: But ive got no one in the health profession to talk to as im currently changing gp, mental health team, and eating disorder team but i know that i need help... Its horrible...i know that i should be eating but the thought of it is getting worse and worse. I don't want to tell family members or anything in case they go mad...but not sure where to turn....one minute im fine and then the next minute im in a self destructive mood. :confused: And i know that i will get worse and worse again until something happens when they have to do something to protect myself from well basically me......Ive got an appointment with a nurse for my enrollment to my new gp's and i know that they are going to weigh me and i am aware that i will be back to well yeh like i said square one. Any idea how i can get outa these feelings or know or anyone i could get help from in the mean time???
xxx :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi flower123,

I'm sorry you've found yourself without any services to help you when you're having such a difficult time. Remember there are always places you can turn, you're never alone in what you're suffering. If nothing else, you can always call one of these helplines, or Beat, specifically for weight/eating disorders.

How about talking to friends, if not family? Having a discussion might help you to remember your own personal ways of coping and realise that you've got support.

I also wonder whether it would be a good idea to let the nurse know about these worries at the start of the appointment, because he or she will be the first health professional you'll have seen for a while and she might be able to signpost you to some other resources, or to speed up the process or something.

The message basically is to keep asking for help if you need it - which everyone does sometimes! The people who love you would much rather you asked than suffered in silence, I know. And do write back if you'd like to! I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thankyou so much for the reply it really helped :). xx i talk to beat already and yeh i will let the nurse know - im slightly worried as it is a man but ive had males looking after my care before - and ain't been bad so maybe they will be ok. Maybe they can lead me in the right direction....or get me referred to the right team for a change. xx
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    I'm glad to hear it! I'm sure the key is to be honest about your worries (because whether it's a he or a she, the nurse is trained not to judge you). And also to say if you don't feel you're getting the right treatment. Be confident! :)
    Soph