Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

after effects on E

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would appreciate feedback on the following: Having stopped taking Ecstacy for nearly a month (not a hard user, about 4 a week for 18+ months) i seem to be getting blackouts, quite regularly, only i know when im getting one so if i manage to sit down before it hits me i wont fall over. Has anyone else experienced this? Although my serotonin level may recover fully after a couple of weeks, is it possible that i have permanently altered my brain receptors? It is also quite difficult to not rush out and get more pills, even though apparently they are not an addictive drug. If anyone has had similar experiences iwould like to know how long the individual believed themself to have made a full recovery from quitting E, and is there anything i can do to improve my health while involved in a 'cold turkey' state.

For what its worth, and many users have heard it a thousand times, ecstacy is NOT where its at, regardless of the high. I believe it has changed my personality permanently in a negative way. My health has suffered. My social stance has changed with my view on people, and like all drugs, when you get a reality check, thinking the world is a terrible place. Reality is where its at, no matter how hard life is. True happiness comes from purity, its hard to find, but it must be out there.... stay off the pills. Peace

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with u on most things there mate. I personally have given them up myself ( im 8 days in ) for the past 7 months on average i was doing 12 a week, i have never experienced the black outs which u have.... the main thing i have that concerns me is when im layin in bed at nite and i have visual distortions like watchin weird shapes flyin around and if i look hard enuf they spin round faster and so on..... All this is happenin days and weeks after use i cant remember the last time i went bed and not had any of this happen its almost normal 4 me now.

Also when i lay in bed or just lie down in a quiet room i can hear a whistle in my ear like listenin 2 air in a seashell its weird......I just tell myself its my body correctin myself and i`ll be ok but am i just kiddin myself?!

I do feel the urge 2 buy more pills but i could say no 2 myself if i really wanted many times over the months i`ve just convinced myself 2 get more but this time things r different i do intend on stoppin this time round.

i also feel my general health has gone down hill cos im always so tired and so on. Also socially i think my attitudes changed 2wardz people i can be there talkin 2 some1 all nice and friendly 1 min then lookin at em 2 mins later and thinkin u fuckin twat ( pardon my french ) 1 day i can be socialble and confident next day a paranoid wreck......

Despite all this i have no regrets i have had the best time of my life on pills i just think i`ve had 2 much of a good thing and i need 2 slow down then restart but next time round be strict with myself and not buy big amounts like 10 - 20 at a time each week like i used 2 do.

Another thing which really bugs me about being a Pill`ed is the way people label u a druggy and how u r takin chances with ur life cos they may kill u but i blame the government 4 that attitude.
    Re: after effects on E

True happiness comes from purity, its hard to find, but it must be out there.... stay off the pills. Peace [/B][/QUOTE]

true happiness is ilusive. and reality just HAS to be the way forward. but what do you define as reality? the reality is we live in a very high tech modern fast changing world, with ever changing values.....and if thier ever changing as opposed to established on some kind of foundation of belief ..or fact, then they aint realy values at all but ever changing experiments.
    so to find true happiness gets ever harder, ever more difficult.
    and throughout history man has had the pleasure and experience of chemical/herbal altered states of consiosness.
    but in the past it's not been something to do every day or even every weekend but something to look forward to on special occasions...religous observance....time of year etc.
    the truth is we modern people have been removed from our REAL........ or reality. next time you drive through the country side
    lokk at the fields and woodlands and stop and think.....thats where i am actualy designed to live and thrive and be ..happy!
    little villages in the woods where you know every single person and most of the habits of every other species around you. what do we know now.......buggar all!
    morrocan roll are u stoned or summit?
    i was.....but now it's tomorrow and i'm not but it still makes sense to me!