Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ski/snowboard clothing/gear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi,

I'm off on my first snowboarding trip to a proper mountain range in january and i was wondering what i should actually take?

I'm hiring the snowboarding equipment out there so no need to worry about board/bindings/boots
I've got ski jacket/gloves/salopettes (all waterproof) and thick socks. Im also looking into buying some thermals (not sure how many sets i will need to buy for a week?) and i will probably need to get hold of a couple of warm jumpers but does anyone have any advice on what to pack/what to wear etc? i only have 15kg baggage (coach) which doesnt sound that much considering its all heavy winter stuff.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    15kg should be possible on a need only basis, I'd invest in a baraclava as well especially in January because high winds and hail/sleet can be very cold on your face when your travelling at 30mph. I find thick roller necks very good with a vest underneath tucked into your salopettes. You haven't mentioned goggles, but you definately need them if haven't been before you might not know that. Er.. other than that take into account that you'll need sun block and lip protector as well, cos the sun bouncing of the snow as well as being very exposed to the sun can cause awful burning; and your lips can get frostbitten quite easily.

PS. Skiers are cooler :p
  • Options
    HELMET!
    always wear a helmet, i know it may sound lame to some people but i would rather have a intact skull that a crack in it, some are expensive but its worth looking round for a proper snow helmet, look like bmx/skate helmet but have ear flaps :)

also, a camal pack is useful, basically bag with a water pouch in that you can drink from, saves u carrying bottles round and you generally don't have to stop to drink :)

PS. boards rule and take tinted googles
  • Options
    I agree with the helmet! Check to see if you can hire one at the resort you're going to.
  • Options
    Good luck pal.
  • Options
    i would say thats the most important things (apart from a board :P)
    hope u have fun, also try some off pissed (idk how to spell it so i say that) towards the end of it if u feel like it :)