Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Please help me... major girlfriend trouble... please help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I apologise for the length of this but i need a friend.. or some help?

Okay so I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, and i have never stopped being head over heels for her, i love her so much, and in fact i am so worried.

I am getting sick all the time over this.

Basically everything was fine, we have been happy until a week ago.

I do not understand what has happened but she has been arguing with me literally every night for a week, and I never do anything wrong

I do everything I can for this girl i really really do.

All week she argued with me when I did not say a word wrong especially not on purpose like she can just twist anything.

Anyway today is my dads birthday (i live with her)

She had work so i left her home for a night, i left her flowers, i left her wine donuts etc to show i care.

Then just now she had a huge go at me for absolutely no reason.

I called her to see if she was okay and she said I only called her because I am suspicious of what she is doing?

I was like.. wtf..? is this for real?

Literally I have cried everyday this week, im a guy and its awful to have to cry in front of somebody.

Yet when i do she turns away in bed as though I am a piece of **** and i have never felt this way.

I mean i try my hardest not to cry now because it obviously makes things worse but it is hurting me so deep.

She said the other night she is so sick of arguing she wants to break up? That hit me like a rock in the face.. i love this girl and she is someone i honestly can could see myself being with for life, but she said we argue to much (3 times in a week out of a year) and that she hates it

Yet the arguements they honestly are not my fault... i try so hard not to argue i do i really do i am so careful with my words and actions...

My last gf of over a year dumped me by text and it broke me for months so i really tried hard not to get into this situation but now I am already hurting and if we break up god knows what ill do i cannot imagine... we were bffs for 5 years before this

somebody please please offer me some advice...

please

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    obviously something is making her unhappy. It may not necessarily be something you are doing so much as something you are. For example, maybe she wants a casual relationship but you want committment, or maybe she just needs space and so she feels oppressed since it sounds like you spend a lot of time together and ring her/text her a lot.

On the other hand you maybe right and it could be totally not to do with you, for example she may be pissed off with her boss but cant express that to her boss so she takes it out on you instead (although that'd be nasty of her).

There's a cheesey saying 'if you love her, let her go.' Try backing off a bit; if you're always saying 'what's wrong honey?' etc this attempt to fix things may just push her further away. Try not calling her or texting her, or if you really have to just text and say 'thinking of you' so she knows you care but there's no need for her to respond. In time, she might work whatever's bugging her out.

Hope it works out. It maybe you're just not right for each other, even though you feel like you are right now.