Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scratched disk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyway to unscratch a disk, without spending loads of money?

My dad said use toothpaste (!) but not whitening, and that's all we have... So is there any other way?
X

Comments

• Options
    **i hold no responsibility if this goes wrong** :D

Clean the disc. Even if a CD isn’t actually scratched or scuffed, dust, oil, and other surface contaminants can prevent it from playing properly. Thus cleaning the disc should always be your first move.
    Run warm water over the damaged disc to remove dust.
    If there is stubborn dirt or grease on the disc, gently rub it with your finger while you are washing it, and use a gentle detergent or liquid soap (with the water) or rubbing alcohol (in place of water). Any time you rub or wipe a CD, you should do so by starting at or near the center of the disc and rubbing straight outward toward the edge to prevent further scratching.
    Shake the water off and let the disc air-dry (do not dry it with a towel or cloth, and don't sun-dry it either).
  • Options
    My just hang up my dad and he said that I could "live with out it" so therfore, he would not help me further. Even though he is a DJ, and knows all about that kinda thing.

Thanks NAUN... will run the tap :-p
    x
  • Options
    A good, non-abrasive, car paintwork polish.

Copy it afterwards though, as they have a habit of returning no matter what method you use.
  • Options
    you said loads of money? well for £2 pop into blockbusters they clean and buff it down to perfect condition,