Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dental sedation and Sick Leave

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

just a quick question, ive been refered to a dental sedation clinic by my dentist for work i need doing, now after speaking with the dentist i have been told i will need to go twice and each time i will need to have the following day off work, since my local clinic only does work on monday and wednesdays this leaves me sort of stuck in regards to hoilday time/sick pay, does anyone know where i stand inregards to this, does my work have to give this to me as sick time?

thanks again for your help guys,

Richard.

Comments

• Options
    Every company is different. If I was in your situation, my employer would allow me to take the time off as sick, and would pay me for it. If it was my hubby in your situation, he would have to take annual leave or unpaid sick leave.

You should explain the situation to your boss and see what they say.
  • Options
    I had a toenail taken off last year with involved a local anaesthetic. My work allowed me to take the operating day and the following 2 days off work as sick, which is at half-pay.

Then I came into work wearing open-toe sandals for the following 5 days :-)