Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

welfare entiltments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone knows how you go about cliaming welfare if you move to uk from ireland.

I am planning on moving in next month and am currently on disability allowance in ireland, i have 1 child, can i get a payment in uk.

Oh yeah and is there any help with rent payments i am currently gettin rent allowance in ireland but will have to give it up when i move,

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi cari,

If you're a non-UK national you may well still be able to claim benefits once you arrive in the UK.

The Directgov website has loads of useful information on benefits including disability benefits and housing benefits.

You may also want to try the entitledto website which has a benefits calculator.

Hope those links are useful, sorry not to be able to give you a straight yes or no answer. As i'm sure you're probably aware, there's always so many different variables when it comes to claiming benefits that depend on your individual circumstances.

Good luck with the move!

:)