Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

E & Serotonin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long does it take for serotonin levels to go back 2 normal after a nite out on a couple of pills? I Been doing pillz for 7 months i`ve done about 300 in my time so for some1 like me would it take about 2 weeks?
thanx for reading

Comments

• Options
    Re: E & Serotonin
    Originally posted by Meatballs125
    How long does it take for serotonin levels to go back 2 normal after a nite out on a couple of pills? I Been doing pillz for 7 months i`ve done about 300 in my time so for some1 like me would it take about 2 weeks?
    thanx for reading

anywhere between 5-15 days, depends on how many, strength, levels at the start of play etc......
  • Options
    300 pills in 7 months!!!!!! i some how believe thats a miscalculation. Or its true and u do over 10 pills every weekend, or perhaps u get fucked twice a week and take 5 pills a time when u do!!

It takes 2 weeks for serotonin to replanish fully in ur brain.

Now most people believe all they need is a 2 week break and they pills should blow them away again because they have fully replenished their serotonin. This is wrong! There are a number of things effecting this:

1) It takes 2 weeks to replenish ur serotonin, but it take longer than this to repair the damage the pill(s) have done to ur brain. This depends on how much u have cained it. The more u cained it the longer u need to recover. I dont know how long u will have to wait, but it can be months and months, depending on how badly u cained it.

2) When u take pills it damages ur serotonin receptors and renders some of them unusable. This means that the next time u decide to drop there are less receptors for ur serotonin to be released through so u dont get as fucked.

3) Physcological effects. The more often u do pills the more u get used to the effects and feelings of them and how they effect on u. Eventually the pills wont be half as good as they used to be partly because u know what they are supposed to feel like on u and u know what to expect. (sorry if this is a lil unclear but hard to explain)

Idealy it is suggested that u leave a minimum of 1 month gap between each time u drop, that way it leaves ur brain time to try and mend itself and recover properly.
  • Options
    Cheers for ur replies Ebb And Matt.

I used to buy in about 10 - 20 pills in at a time and got through 12 sometimes more in a week! i loved the stuff that much i was gettin wasted on them about 3 times a week for the past few months i have spent £40 - £60 a week just on pills ( for the 1st few months i paid £3 each then got a new dealer and got em for £2 each)
    im a unemployed guy with a credit card i was so fucked i didnt care i just lived 4 the next high...

I did calculate how many i have probably done even tho i cant give a exact figure its just under the 300 mark about 288 roughly..... Now obviously because i have caned them for so many months the comedowns are so bad and the high only lasts 2 - 3 hours b4 i need 2 drop another 2....
    I still remember the times when i used 2 drop just 1 and be fucked for 6 hours!!!
    i`ve stopped doing them now last pill was 8 days ago. My head feels like it needs a rest i aim 2 lay off em for 6 months or so then maybe i can enjoy them to there full potential again. Wallets breathin a sigh of relief 2
    :D lol

Only drug i will do 4 now is base but i`m even havin trouble findin another dealer for that :mad: guess i`ll have 2 stick 2 just alcohol 4 now.....
  • Options
    Well taking a break is always easier said than done. After bout 3-4 weeks of not doin them, u get real strong urges to drop again, but dont give into these urges after a coupe of months These urges really go, and u wont desire to drop not nearly as much as u used to.

Tho am glad to hear ur taking a break, 300 pills in 7 months is an awful lot, and alot of damage would have been done to ur brain.
  • Options
    Yeah i know what u mean even tho ur body doesn`t crave 4 the drug theres always the temptation in the mind but like u said after a few months these feelings will pass. I really do wanna straighten my head out im fed up of being up and down not 4gettin the other health issues.... i guess after so much caneage its time 2 choose life and get my act 2gether then maybe after 6 months do em now and then and not let them control me...

On wednesday i went out without drugz met this girl and pulled her i ask myself if i was on drugs would that of happend? just shows there is more 2 life then drugs :D
  • Options
    lets calm down a bit here lads.......there's as yet no concrete proof about damage to brain cells etc......theres little concrete proof of anyuthing positive or negative because the ammount of research is very tiny compared to legitamate chemicals.
    around 1979 i was injecting E ...it came in powder form before it was fashionaBLE.......before danceetc and we used to bang it up as if it was just billy........10 / 20 hits a day........not sure you can fix pill version safely cos of the differing binding agents etc to make it a pill......but the point is , yes we used to get fucked but we just got on with whatever...like take a bit of valium and weed...sleep for a whole weekend, be kind and good to yourself.
    go on the beer and grub for a week.
    me susspects whats changed is people worry about THEMSELVES
    to much.....worry about others and other things in this world and ...honestly, you'll hardly notice the effects your talking about.
    we live in the ..ME culture which i dont believe is good for your well being.
    i have hammered drugs for a lifetime and have been aware that things are deteriorating here...change something..my diet or lack of it..my attitude....my habits..my outlook.......and get on with life.
    it's good to be aware of self but not good at your ages to be worrying worrying ...have i wrecked my brain cells. if your worrying a lot it's advisable to avoid whats causing the worry...lifestyle change.
    late 60s we had all kinds of people telling us all kinds of dangers regarding brain cells...genetics ...lsd......amphetamine ..opiates...
    mescaline....dmt.....alcohol.....sex...etc....some of it never changes. and if you ask people who never do drugs about your "symptons"...i think you'll find a lot of people are just the same as you...nackered....cant sleep...hearing things in the night and so on. maybe you are just a little more aware now...but put everything "normal" down to an effect. lighten up lads and look after yourselves....you know best when to rest..when to make changes. all the best.
  • Options
    I do agree with u 2 a certain extent morrocan roll sometimes worryin about problems can exagerrate (sp) matters.

I know my tiredness can be linked 2 a poor diet cos i dont really eat much fruit and veg and only lil bit of meat and son on so i cant blame pillz 4 everything...

I do think stoppin pillz is a option i must stand by otherwise i will never break out the cycle. I want 2 do this now not several years down the line. My heads showin all signs of needin a rest from the pills for a bit.
  • Options
    MEAT.....your seeing the sense and talking the sense.....so go and do it mate. when pregnant women start eating realy strange things, i believe thier body is telling the brain what it needs next or now. if your body is telling you it needs a change then listen to it and go for it mate. go and have some ..fun ..hard graft..liesure..whatever..but go for it..MAKE A CHANGE....like you say you dont want to be doing this several years down the line.......MY BIG MISTAKE.........was i'll do something about it later.
    fuck it meat go and do summat different...work play whatever and come back to yourself with renewed self respect and vigour..
    and you may find ...earlier in life than i did that ..hey getting high
    is special and not everyday.
    big wishes to you meat.
  • Options
    Thanx a lot mate :D i totally agree with u.... i remember what u told me about ur heroin addiction and i was comparin it 2 myself and i just felt things have got 2 change b4 i really start gettin in2 a bad way. Since i`ve stopped i`ve gone out lookin for work, gone out for long walks just doing things i couldnt be fucked 2 do when i was just floatin through life... I cant see myself ever completely givin up drugs cos there just 2 good but my body needz a break so i gotta respect that so when i eventually start doing them again it will be like the good old days not 4gettin 2nd time round i`ll know when im startin 2 go wrong..... good times lay ahead i reckon!!!
  • Options
    unemployed is a fuckin' bummer mate....been there. comfortable and convenient sometimes but long term ....a drain on you.
    but where do you get enough dosh to meet your needs working these days? go and get a bit of casual cash in the hand if you can to top up your rock n roll without making a commitment.
    but beware...........WORKING FOR A LIVING.......on the side is frowned upon even more than taking drugs or muggin' old ladies.
    strange world we live in. go and knock on the doors of hotels etc...do a bit of pot washoing...pull in extra £150 on top of your benefits. you meet people and get that pissed off washing dishes your other problems diminish! whats your social circle consist of?
  • Options
    I agree with long term unemployment being a drain its nice for a bit but its loadz better to have a routine. I live in Torquay so all the jobs are seasonal and temporary so ur employed for a few months soon as sept/oct comes along ur out the door right pain in the ass :mad: not 4gettin most jobs pay here between £4.10 - £4.50a hour :mad: my dads a engineer for a aircraft company his on £7 a hour but if he was up north he would be gettin over double that! no wonder why so many people turn to crime nowadays.
  • Options
    this minimum wage is fucking disgraceful innit! around here in north wales most people get the minimum....how the frigg they pay the mortgage or rent i dunno....and round here everywhere
    is a long way from everywhere else so its almost impossible to manage without a car..another expense.........and it's getting ever harder to take money out of a sawn off account these days.
    i dont know how todays young crims do it...i mean it must be almost impossible to shoplift a chicken dinner with all these cameras about. buy a lottery ticket and pray...