Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Obama - Peace Prize

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize after just 11 days in office (since voting for the prize ended in Feb)

What do people think about the decision?

I think it's undeserved. I'm sure he'll go on to do many things worthy of such a prize in years to come (which also comes with $1.4 million in cash) but I think 11 days is a little bit soon to have been given such a prize.

Personally if I was him I think I'd have to respectfully decline the prize.

Comments

• Options
    I think he deserves it. In his short time in office he's pretty much reversed all of Bush's stupid decisions and he seems to be doing his best to come up with a plan to get out of the Middle East. He may not have been president long when he got it, but he's done a good job so far.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I think he deserves it. In his short time in office he's pretty much reversed all of Bush's stupid decisions and he seems to be doing his best to come up with a plan to get out of the Middle East. He may not have been president long when he got it, but he's done a good job so far.

I agree :yes:

But then again, it's hard not to be better than G.W. Bush.
    X
  • Options
    I agree :yes:

But then again, it's hard to be better than G.W. Bush.
    X

You mean it's hard not to be better than Bush......? ;)
  • Options
    Fidel Castro has become the latest person to congratulate Obama on getting his prize.

Yeah, real wise move accepting it there, Barack...
  • Options

e's carried all Bush's policys through.
    What he said he would do and what he's done are two very different things.
    Torture rendition Guantanamo Iraq ...all the same.

Have a watch of ...THE OBAMA DECEPTION ....on youtube.
    Obama is a another fake president.
    Most people I talk to believe he has done or is doing what he promised when the the reality ...is exactly the opposite.
  • Options
    He's supporting the war, and will continue to do so. He'll push for more if he's given the slightest nudge. He doesn't deserve it. This is just the world kissing his ass as if he is the new god of the world. All sounds so cliché.
  • Options
    Seems like a stupid decision to me. But considering Henry Kissinger won the thing, I'm struggling to see the merit of winning it personally.
  • Options
    War is peace ...peace is war ...George Orwell.
  • Options
    You mean it's hard not to be better than Bush......? ;)

Haha yeah you know what I ment :thumb:
    X
  • Options
    Couldn't they have waited until he has done something other than win an election?
  • Options
    It just devalues the prize.
  • Options
    :chin: Hmmmm. Well, yeah maybe every person who voted for him should win a prize too because without them he wouldn't of won... but also, it was him who won there votes... But I do think it is a big step forward for America.
    X