Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex on the Beach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just seen the article :

Underwater love:
Sex in the sea introduces water laden with bacteria into the vagina, so it isn't a good idea. This puts you at risk for urinary tract and other infections. <b>Plus, if you're using a condom with spermicidal gel the seawater can wash the spermicide out.</b>

Is <b>the bold bit </b>true? I mean, is it something to worry about? I thought sea water acts as a spermicide anyway, but i cannot see why they'd mention it otherwise...

The only reason i thought sea water was a spermicide is that its the source of the fun whale fact that they mate out of water. This could be anacdotal, whale specific or just untrue... anybody shed any light on this?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Sex on the Beach
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Just seen the article :

Underwater love:
    Sex in the sea introduces water laden with bacteria into the vagina, so it isn't a good idea. This puts you at risk for urinary tract and other infections. <b>Plus, if you're using a condom with spermicidal gel the seawater can wash the spermicide out.</b>

Is <b>the bold bit </b>true? I mean, is it something to worry about? I thought sea water acts as a spermicide anyway, but i cannot see why they'd mention it otherwise...

The only reason i thought sea water was a spermicide is that its the source of the fun whale fact that they mate out of water. This could be anacdotal, whale specific or just untrue... anybody shed any light on this?

Just stay on the beach, under the SUN, or the MOON.

Don't bother about the water bit !
  • Options
    BTW, who has had sex on the beach & were ?
  • Options
    Sorry meant to say WHERE, not WERE.

Depressed about the football !
  • Options
    Plus, if you're using a condom with spermicidal gel the seawater can wash the spermicide out.

Is the bold bit true?

Yes - it's true, but at the end of the day we just give you the info, it's up to you whether you listen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sexy-cj
    think of all the dead things-people-cats -whales etc and p*ss and s**t in the sea.dont allow that to go in ANY vagina!!

Oh perlease...do you honestly think that your drinking water, bath water etc is totally clean?

I notice you aren't worried about STDs. Condoms do break you know, so you aren't 100% safe at any time. If you don't care about that, why be concerned about the miunte possibility of picking up an infection from the water. Get a grip, FFS.
  • Options
    Some pretty nasty things reside in the virgina anyway, and don't get me started on the things living in your intestines.

Really things that you don't want in your body... Ironically, if you don't have them you get REALLY sick.
    Thats why you should eat plenty of natural yogart after a heavy enema....

My original post wasn't meant to be saying is it true that the water wash's off the spermicide, but really <b>does it matter... If seawater really is a spermicide.</b>

Does anybody know if thats true or not?

Ocean Salior : Never had sex on the beach, but have in a river. We going for it on the river bank and rolled a little too far. We stoped to take our shoes off and then continued :)
    Before anyone comments on the cleanliness of the river (Thames) I kayak in it, and have swollowed small amounts accidentally pretty often. I'm alive.
  • Options
    woo old man of kent getting shirty with me!!

Exasperated by stupidity rather than getting shirty. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.
    actualy if you take ANY notice of the posts that i have written so far
    im very much a part of SAFE sex in todays society and wouldnt have unprotected sex.im on the pill and use condoms so dont you dare talk to me about stuff like that.
    oh and im one of the very few ladies who carry condoms so that im always prepared if the situation arises.

Actually, if you could read, you would have realised that I was talking about Condoms splitting. There are risks in everything you do, what I was pointing out was that the risk you think you expose yourself to, through having sex in the sea, is miniscule and that even condom wearing carries a risk of infection (not to mention allergic reactions to latex).

By the way, I applaud that you carry condoms. I will always advocate the use of them, but you should never consider then infallible.
    im in a stress already and now its even worse .thanks honey.

What was I saying about getting a grip. Ever thought that you could ignore what I said if you didn't like it?

If you get in a stress about my post, then I pray you never get exposed to much of the real world because believe me when I say that it can really suck at times.

did i actually say that i wouldnt use a condom??i love the sea but wouldnt necessarily have sex in it- thats my opinon and i dont care if YOU dont agree with me.

Did I say that you wouldn't?

All I did was point out that your opinion was based on limited reality, I'll bet you take larger risks with your health every day. Funny though, I get to the end of the post and finally find something that we agree on. Neither of us care about the other.
  • Options
    just because im younger than you doesnt mean i am naive.

Didn't say you were naive, just that you apparently make decisions based on incosequential minor points. When you get older you'll find that worrying about such things is a waste of time and emotions.

Life has bigger issues than first apparent because we parents shield you from a lot of it.

Like I said, you show maturity by carrying condoms and yet immaturity by some of the things you say and by the basis of your decision making.
  • Options
    tell me exactly what makes me immature??ive had a shit day so just be honest....

This question.

It really shouldn't matter to you what I think, or why I think it. I am nobody in your life and so my opinions about you aren't relevant. All you should be concerned with is whether you are happy about being who you are. If you are, then fine, if not then change. You shouldn't change what you are because someone else says you need to but becuase you are unhappy.

Life shouldn't be about meeting other people's expectations, but about living up to your own.
  • Options
    Man of kent : Your basing this on what she says is her desision making, not judging her actions.

People rarely understand why they make the desicions that they do (not excepting myself from this), and when they say they do its more likely they's made the desicion and worked out good reasons for it afterwards.
    Scary but true, thats how the human brain works.

assuming the Sexy CJ:

isn't dead.

doesn't have and STD's.

hasn't dropped a sprog and handed it over to her parents / adoption/ put in basket on doorstep.

From this we've gotta assume she's doing something right, and isn't totally niave or stupid.

All the good or bad justifications and reasons in the world don't make right stupid actions. Same as : bad reasons don't matter if they lead to the right action.

IMHO
    maybe i should have started with that ?
  • Options
    *The ref comes in to separate CJ and MoK*

Okay folks, its the end of the week, fatigue is setting in, and it might just be a good idea to calm this topic down and take a breather.

Actually MoK, as a fellow 30 something, I have to say that combing cj's statements for hairs to split isnt conducive to warm relations on the boards. perhaps as another of the mature set youd agree with me that whether or not we advertently or inadvertently stir up conflict, we certainly shouldnt be continually fueling the flames.

Can a truce be called here please?
  • Options
    do any of you remember the song titled "sex on the beach"?
    any way cos my sis used to love that song and she wanted it on all the time but all my family hated it.
    i remember her in the car once sreamng "if i want sex on the beach i'll have sex on the beach" and my mums reply to that was
    "but u'll get sand in all ur nooks and crannies"

lol(sorry)
    I know this has fuck all to do with the post but there was a really bad vibe so i fort i say something completely random to lighten the mood. or if that fails it will confuse you all into getting back to the original subject.