Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

oh, bollocks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well, that's that then. The thing that really pisses me off is how badly we played after they went down to ten men. The only chance we really created was the goal and that was the result of an error. Both their goals, especially the second, were soft... I'm completely gutted, to use a reliable cliche. If we'd won that I think we would have gone on to take the trophy - but the truth is we didn't deserve it. They completely outplayed us without even playing very well and now they'll probably iwn it without even being tested.
Bollocks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Big debate at the pub: Did Ronaldinho mean to score? I reckon he was just trying to cross...
  • Options
    It was definately a shot..Hes too good to fuck up a cross that badly
  • Options
    Re: oh, bollocks
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    They completely outplayed us

Don't talk shit
    Did Ronaldinho mean to score?

No
  • Options
    ebb, do you get the feeling that you didn't watch the same game as Prufrock?

There is no way that England were outplayed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    ebb, do you get the feeling that you didn't watch the same game as Prufrock?

There is no way that England were outplayed.

I know :rolleyes:
  • Options
    well,I love england, chaps, but let's face it: we didn't create a single chance worth speaking of save the one which came out of a random defensive fuck up, and despite the fact that they were a man down they dominated possession during the second half, and we didn't make the slightest headway. The better team undoubtedly won. sorry. Perhaps 'completely outplayed' is a mite strong, but they were clearly the superior team.
  • Options
    I'd say the first half was about even, maybe they had the the better of it just, but superior ? we only had the one chance, but they hardly had an abundance, they got the goal at traditionally the best time to score and so the second half was going to be a dodgy affair for us.

But then can you honestly remember a time in the second half when the geniuinly threatened ? even the goal wasn't a dangerous situation, I know they had all the possesion and were the better side in that sense,m but i don't see that we were that much worse, another day and someone may of got on the end of a Becks cross and I've no doubt if we'd gone on to win we'd of been considered the better side.
  • Options
    That is more like the game I watched.

We had few chances, so did they. They fluked a winner, we didn't. It really was that close.

I think that apparent view that we should be proud really shows that no one feels that we have been outclassed. If we had been I, for one, would been severely pissed off.
  • Options
    A reason to live?

The dark meaningless void that is my life had a glimmer of meaning, a spark of hope and interest through this shit summer, and now it is gone...
  • Options
    We certainly should be proud, because we played far beyond expectations this tournament. But they weren't trying to create chances in the second half, really, they were trying to keep the ball and maintain their lead. I agree their goal was a bitch of a fluke.
    This is all quibbling, really. You're absolutely right: they did tremendously well throughout the tournament, especially Ferdinand, Butt, and Seaman, and they deserve a heroes' welcome when they get back.
    Bloody Germany are in the bloody semifinals. christ almighty.