Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tories: don't retire until you're 66

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I particularly like their idea that a pay freeze for all public sector workers will be a vote winner. So that's several million votes they've lost straight away.

Twats.

thats a good thing though surely? they hate our job whowhere! i reckon if they come into power, they'll get rid of us! i know i'll be voting labour because of that reason!

btw, i know nothing about politics so if im wrong here, do say. im just going off what my colleagues have told me.
  • Options
    thats a good thing though surely? they hate our job whowhere! i reckon if they come into power, they'll get rid of us! i know i'll be voting labour because of that reason!

btw, i know nothing about politics so if im wrong here, do say. im just going off what my colleagues have told me.

The tories have said they'll keep us. Apparently we were their idea first.
  • Options
    They held power on a minority.

Blame the election system which Labour also support i.e. first past the post.

The Tories may have held onto power as a minority but they were a larger minority than each of the other individual parties. Ergo, more people voted for them than any one of the other parties.

Even the trade unions use first-past-the-post so its a universal issue (I know this because we are being balloted for strike action right now at work).
  • Options
    The tories have said they'll keep us. Apparently we were their idea first.

yeah, i've heard that but labour stole their idea. apparently they don't think we have enough powers and want more police officers on the street. i can't remember where i read it but one conservative politician suggested that if they came into power, forces would have a set amount of funding off them and it would be down to each force to decide whether they spent it on pcso's or on more police officers. maybe they'll extend our powers. *shrugs* i dont know. they need to standardise our powers across the country at least. its ridiculous how much our powers vary force to force.

sorry, this has nothing to do with this topic at all :razz:
  • Options
    Last time the tories were in they slashed the poice to dangerously low levels.
  • Options
    Labour.

When?
  • Options
    The Tories have said they'll keep us.
    Oh shit. :p