Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

... Got till its gone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
"oh, it always seems to go, but you don't know what you've got till its gone" Remember that song?

Why is it like that? :(

Just had my dimission (graduation) from class, last night. We're a small class only 13 pupils, and being the only class in our grade :eek: You can probably all imagine us being very tight.

Have known most of these people for ten years, some of them even more.
I had totally looked forward to the summer vacation, and starting a new school at the end of the summer. But then it was sooooo sad at the graduation. Our teacher made such a nice speech, and then it struck. My class wont be "my" class next year. We will all be spread.
Had tears in my eyes, but seemed to be able to control it, unlike others. But then at the end of the night, after speeches, and performances (it was almost made into a show, it was really great). One of my best friends, stands up and after a little speech she started: "well, I have kept this a secret, but for the last three months I have been working on a compilation video for the class. Have to thank all of your parents, for helping me out, sending me pictures and keeping this a secret". Everyone was so shocked! NONE of us had suspected, she didn't tell a soul within class.

Then she put on the video, which showed clips and pictures (with background music, fitting it all perfectly) from us during the last 10 years. It was so damn touching, Not just the clips (which were hillarious), but just all the effort put into it. Should have seen how many tears got let out from my (and others as well) eyes, I just couldn't stop crying.

Well, watching that video I couldn't stop thinking about that you always hear "appericiate what you have", but why is it that we only realise what we have when it's gone. Its simply NOT fair!

Ok, needed to get it out of my chest, just one of lifes great mysteries I guess...

Comments

• Options
    Re: ... Got till its gone
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    but why is it that we only realise what we have when it's gone. Its simply NOT fair!

quite
  • Options
    Nice avatar Ripper.

:D
  • Options

Know Sigur Ros? Or just like the pic?

:mad: It converts my icelandic O, with an ´ on top, to some hebrew letter or so :(, why's that?
  • Options
    Just like the pic, looks approx similar to mine.....

:D

Not that I can claim credit for my own, 'twas created by the fair hand of the Lady Kaz.

But to get back to your thread, you've got the memories of your time there which you'll have for ever, and life is all about change. Go forward with an open heart and you'll be OK.
  • Options
    Awwwww bless ya Jacq :) That sounds like such a sweet thing to have done, I wouldn't have been able to handle it though, I probably would have bawled my eyes out! LOL!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lord of Little
    Just like the pic, looks approx similar to mine.....

I know, it's confusing :D

Jac, you will have those memories forever, it'll be good to look back on this time and have that to cheer you on when things get tough. I have times in my life, which, although they're over now and the people far away, they still give me a lift on bad days and make me smile.

You're lucky to be able to take this with you.
  • Options
    Aw, that was such a lovely thing for your friend to have done for you all, Jacq. Of course it's incredibly sad and painful now, but as has already been pointed out, you're lucky to be able to take such wonderful memories with you when you go forth into the wide blue yonder after the summer :).

*is stating the obvious..but it's impossible for original thoughts to surface at this time of night ;)*
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your replies everyone :)

After finally getting some sleep, I have calmed down, and realised that life does go on, and that it needs to go on. I can't be with the same people for the rest of my life...
    I can just hope that I will like the people in my new class (already know a lot in the school, so it shouldn't be hard).
    So as said, I will miss their weirdness's and all of our silly laughs, but of course I will see them again, can't imagine otherwise.

So, I will survive :D

P.S. LoL, Kaz has a great taste, I must say :p:D:)