Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tights

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my name wrote: »
    I'm surprised this many people wear tights that are over 4 years old or not dancing... and they even have thicknesses! Must be a british thing.

well not everybody wants to wear trousers or jeans all the time, and if you tried to wear a skirt or a dress without tights here you'd freeze! not to mention in my case id dazzle people with the whiteness of my legs haha. what dya do over there then, get your bare legs out all the time? is it warm enough to do that.
    Haha, it's much too cold here in winter not to wear tights if you're wearing a skirt - and sometimes it gets so chilly that you wear tights with trousers as well!

Apparently M&S are doing a really good range of tights at the moment, from about £4.
    I always wear tights or leggings with skirts/dresses.
    well not everybody wants to wear trousers or jeans all the time, and if you tried to wear a skirt or a dress without tights here you'd freeze! not to mention in my case id dazzle people with the whiteness of my legs haha. what dya do over there then, get your bare legs out all the time? is it warm enough to do that.

Wear pants :p Anybody wearing anything but when it gets to -30 is bat shit crazy or drunk enough not to feel the icey chill! Come to think of it I never really see much other than pants when I am out. I shall have to have a look at legs next time I am in the city, perhaps they are less homley out there.

I must be thinking of tights as something different. Women wear nylons or 'hose is what they are called around me. I've never had much of a look in stores but from seeing my moms laundry they don't look like they come in different thicknesses.

When I hear tights I think of http://www.fairgroundchild.com/store/images/T/tights.jpg

Where as nylons/hose are http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg4%5Cpanty-hose_165374.jpg http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2008/12/pantyhose.jpg
    well its these sort of tights im talking about http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=40&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=124915&parent_category_rn=124912&productId=803999&langId=-1 it says they're 95% nylons so i guess they class as nylons :p

itd be sooo boring wearing pants all the time. i always wear dresses and skirts even when its freezing, it can be just as warm as trousers with snuggly boots on and warm tights. i dont suit jeans really.
    Yeah, I think what we call tights, you call panty hose.
    Learn something new all the time :D
    i wear tights with skirts/dresses all the time. infact, i rarely have my legs out properly :o they are too white and its always cold over here! :(

gotta love tights :) got to agree with kaff though. the sizing of them is really screwed up. im a 5'8" girl so im tall but im a size 8-10. i struggle to get tights that fit me properly. if i get medium, the top bit ends up at my knees and im always having to pull them up and if i get large ones, theres too much material on them :(

i haven't got any of those super thick tights. most of mine are 40 or 60 denier. i want some though. reckon im going to get some in town tomorrow on my day off. need to get myself some winter skirts/jumper dresses too! its getting colddddd!
    I was at a school today and because of this I was looking and I saw 2 girls wearing the colored tights. I was all excited :p
    my name wrote: »
    I was at a school today and because of this I was looking and I saw 2 girls wearing the colored tights. I was all excited :p

At my mum's school (she's a teacher) they have to wear bright red tights- to go with the jumpers. It looks :yuck:
    X
    I only wear coloured tights if the rest of the outfit is quite plain. I might wear a similar colour bracelet though but that's it.
    What kind of shoes go with skirts/tights? Boots, pumps, ballet flats?
    All of the above Manda. Heels too.
    Thanks. I've seen the sweater dress with tights out a bit now that I've been looking and it is really cute. I even looked at different tights today and they had really cute ones in cute patterns and stuff. I'd like to see if I can pull it off, I doubt I can but maybe we shall see.
    I think ankle boots would look nice with a sweater dress and tights.