Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Webpage loading error??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm trying to look at the TopShop website, but it won't load on my laptop - I'm getting a small yellow exclamation mark in the bottom left hand corner where it should say "Done" and when I click on it, I get this message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
Timestamp: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:24:44 UTC

Line: 3
Char: 494
Code: 0
URI: http://www.topshop.com/javascript/Arcadia.js

Anyone got any idea what I can do to fix it please? I must look at TopShop's lovely dresses :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that is an incorrect url i'm afraid it is linking to a .js file which handles how webpages behave, url's normally link to a .htm or .html file which the browser can interpret.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It sounds like it was a probelm on their site itself. It seems to work now.
    Not for me - I've just gone on to have another look and the website just isn't loading. Any ideas?
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=42344&langId=-1&top=Y

try that. it is working for me, i'm 99% certain it was a bad link or something. what browser and version of that browser are you using?
    I think you're right - I was using Internet Explorer 7 on Vista, but have tried opening the website via Firefox and it works fine. Stupid IE. Thanks for the replies :)
    yeahwalk wrote: »
    that is an incorrect url i'm afraid it is linking to a .js file which handles how webpages behave, url's normally link to a .htm or .html file which the browser can interpret.
    That isn't linking to it, that is loading the JS to the webpage. The error is just saying this file is the cause of the error.