Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

"If my head wasnt attached am sure I would lose it"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, you know the script, you are about to go out and you need to find your bank card. Can you find it can you fuck!!! This is then followed by frantic searching in all rooms emptying all pockets and drawers, asking you parents or friends if they have seen it. This is usually accompanied by the phrase "where did I fucking put it" with rubbing of the face as you cant believe you have lost it. When you eventually find the place you did leave it, you feel so happy that the rest of the night will not compare to this moment, if you dont find it it means a night of misery!

But who says it has to be a bank card, it could be the dreaded HOUSE KEY!!! I once thought I locked myself out of my house after a night of clubbing to then lay myself on my front door, ready for a ruff nights sleep(my mum was away for the weekend), to then check the one pocket that has got the key in it!!! This was followed by "you fucking, daft prick, arsehole, wanker etc"

So my question is whats the worst you thing you have ever lost and whats the thing you are most prone to losing??? If you have any funny stories do tell :D

Mines is my house key!

Comments

• Options
    Get organised man...

Worst thing I lose....The key to my cash box i used to have when i was 18..I always came up with cool places to hide the key and of course, i ended up losing it..

£350 locked in the box for a year and a half before i found the fucking key.
  • Options
    I'm always always always losing my stereo remote. Ooh it winds me up no end and is usually found tangled up in my duvet. Naturally I never find it there the first time I look! I'm convinced that the tiny little thing actually runs away and hides from me, simply to add more torment to my life. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: "If my head wasnt attached am sure I would lose it"
    Originally posted by wuckFit
    So my question is whats the worst you thing you have ever lost and whats the thing you are most prone to losing???

My virginity... I've lost it on several occasions now, but always manage to find it again in the morning. :p
  • Options
    My lightswitch.

I have a remote controlled light, which is meant to also work by touching the by the door (in the usual place) but that doesn't work. And I loose the remote for it all the fucking time! :mad:

I once nearly lost it for good when I returned it to a suit hire shop in the suits pocket.
  • Options
    I lose my clothes.
    I am really bad at that! Lost another piece of clothing this week as well. And um... I lose my wallet loads too, but I always end up finding that. I've probably jinxed myself now, and am going to lose my wallet and never find it again.... Ah well.
  • Options
    i put down my glasses then forget where....once i thought i had lost them and i was like wearin em i dont knoe how i did that:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    i put down my glasses then forget where....
    bugger, I do that all the time! I lost them for about a month, finally found them down the back of my bed! I lost my hairbrush this weekend too.......and my sanity has a tendency to go missing :p :rolleyes: (sorry, someone was gonna say it, thought I'd be first!)
  • Options
    Bampot :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing
    Bampot :p
    spread the word my dear, spread the word :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Get organised man...

Worst thing I lose....The key to my cash box i used to have when i was 18..I always came up with cool places to hide the key and of course, i ended up losing it..

£350 locked in the box for a year and a half before i found the fucking key.

My brother used to have a cash box and lost the key.....I made short work of it, with the help of God, my wits, a hammer and a power drill.
  • Options
    fucksake man, are all your topics a result of our MSN conversations??

Excuuuuuuuuuuuussssssseeeeeeee me!!

But when did "bird fighting" and "midges" come into our conversation today????

Yes I did create this as you lost your bank card, I thought it was funny with the fact you were swearing and shit!!!

HaHa, ya nonce :p
  • Options
    Well, I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed onto my shoulders. I always seem to lose my purse if I have quite a bit of cash, and it turns up in the most obscure places. Last time I lost it, it conatined £30 and I found it in the towel cupboard :confused:

But the worst thing I lost (besides my metaphorical marbles :p )was probably my photo album, with all the best photos of my friends and family in it. Thankfully I found it, but I cried buckets before I did :(
  • Options
    I always lose my keys which means I have to stay in the flat all day. :(

I have lost my engagement ring a few times as well, very scary. I shouldn't take it off but it has been rubbing my hand.

I am a complete scatterbrain, I washed a fiver today, thankfully it was ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I am a complete scatterbrain
    Snap, lol :D I'm not even allowed house keys, as Mum thinks she'll come back and the house will have disintegrated due to me :p But my friends will gleefully tell anyone that even though I don't have a key, my sister is trusted with one. My 12 year old younger sister :o
  • Options
    I found a pack of wilkinson sword razor blades in my laundry basket!!!!!!

:confused:

Dont ask me how they got there, fecked if I know
  • Options
    I'm most likely to lose my phone- my whole home phone bill is me calling my mobile to see where i left it... but because of my annoying habit of doing this I then get all mad when I realise locker keys and jewellery don't ring...
  • Options
    I used to end up loosing clothing at parties, which wouldn't be found until the next morning. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Alistair
    I used to end up loosing clothing at parties, which wouldn't be found until the next morning. :confused:
    Alas I am not the only one. Hey at least you managed to actually FIND them the next morning. However, I take it we are both thinking of completely different situations!....
  • Options
    Yes but it does get a bit out of hand when you've only got boxxers on, and you're holding those with one hand to keep them from going missing too.........
  • Options
    Try saving your bra from a tree. (Not that you wear a bra of course!). I had to spend weeks passing by the same tree on the schoolbus seeing my favourite under-garment stuck in the damn thing.
  • Options
    LOL but I assume you were wearing other items of clothing when you lost it, rather than wandering around half naked talking to people and drinking :eek:
  • Options
    Hmmm, i don't lose things much... I have almost had my top thrown into the thames, and yes, i was wandering round the cutty sark in my bra, drinking and chatting to people :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania
    Well, I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed onto my shoulders.

You have screws in your shoulders? :eek: :p
    ah, sorry, that wasn't even close to funny :(:D