Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The "Whats annoying you" thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know we've had a few threads with the same sorta idea not that long ago, but i didn't want to have any zombies floating about so decided i'll start a new one.

I'll go first:

Whats annoying me is that i emailed my course administrator on tuesday about changing practical classes cause i cant be in two places at once, and come saturday, i've still got no response :banghead:

Whats annoying you?

Comments

• Options
    What's annoying me is that my four month old won't sleep through the night and decided she would get up for the day at 3.30am this morning!!
  • Options
    Sweet fuck all. :D
  • Options
    Not a lot.

Except that my fish is bullying the other! Argh! The more 'flashy' one keeps hiding in the corner. I have no idea what happened between the two. :grump:
  • Options
    Also, it annoys me that there's hail outside. I don't want winter to come yet.
  • Options
    My company going bust. No redundancy pay (gotta claim off the gov't). Plus my washer/dryer packed up this week. £400 to replace. All happened this week.
  • Options
    that i'm back to work on monday after two weeks of holiday. it's gone far too quickly. and i think monday's going to be exceptionally busy due to other people being off when i was hoping i could've just eased myself back in gently..
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Finding a fucking job :(
  • Options
    Knowing that i should get up, go outside, take a walk or drive to the store and turn my phone on and contact my friends, but not having the slightest motivation to do any of it, and wondering why :/
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Not a lot.

Except that my fish is bullying the other! Argh! The more 'flashy' one keeps hiding in the corner. I have no idea what happened between the two. :grump:

aww that sounds cute, some how XD

What annoys me when if you ask someone how they are and they dont ask you back...
    wankers.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    The "oxjam at matter" adverts on Spotify. They chose the most boring sounding people to voice them. There's no music bed, nothing... And they're played every 3 songs or so which is REALLY getting on my tits.
  • Options
    This thread :p
  • Options
    My phone's dictionary on predictive text forgetting how to spell words I use aaal the time! For some reason I have to re add them every now and then, ggrr
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Finding a fucking job :(

Me too. Having to find a job. Also, my cat keeps walking across the keyboard, which is tedious.
  • Options
    im working 10 hours on christmas day. 2pm-midnight. im doing the same shift on christmas eve too. my fella is going to be down south with his family so i wont see him and i wont have time to go and see my family in the morning so im going to be on my own all day. i'll be patrolling the streets alone for 10 hours too so im hoping the public will feel sorry for me and be nice. i'll go around with this face on me ----> :crying: haha.

ive worked out from my rota too that im workng 2pm-midnight next christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day too. its just SO unlucky the way my shifts have worked out. i only work 1 in 3 weekends but christmas happens to be on a weekend next year and we never get friday's off so im working it this year.

GUTTED.

i just KNOW im going to be super super depressed and will probably be crying all day, lol. i love christmas day. its the one day of the year where my family all actually get together and are happy!
  • Options
    bloody insomnia
  • Options
    coldplay! and that tesco mobile advert, "all i want is for people to stop talking giberish" :mad:
  • Options
    im working 10 hours on christmas day. 2pm-midnight. im doing the same shift on christmas eve too. my fella is going to be down south with his family so i wont see him and i wont have time to go and see my family in the morning so im going to be on my own all day. i'll be patrolling the streets alone for 10 hours too so im hoping the public will feel sorry for me and be nice. i'll go around with this face on me ----> :crying: haha.

ive worked out from my rota too that im workng 2pm-midnight next christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day too. its just SO unlucky the way my shifts have worked out. i only work 1 in 3 weekends but christmas happens to be on a weekend next year and we never get friday's off so im working it this year.

GUTTED.

i just KNOW im going to be super super depressed and will probably be crying all day, lol. i love christmas day. its the one day of the year where my family all actually get together and are happy!

surely they will work something out so that if you work this christmas you wont ahve to work next christmas too? i know you say you have to work 1 in 3 weekends and it falls like that but it seems highly unfair that you'd have to work it both years. in most jobs if you work one year you dont have to do the next...like my friend and sister both worked last christmas in their jobs so thye dont have to work this year.

but aw yeah thats a bit crap about this year :( will you be patrolling with somebody? you will have to try and make it a bit festive, get each other presents etc hehe.
  • Options
    surely they will work something out so that if you work this christmas you wont ahve to work next christmas too? i know you say you have to work 1 in 3 weekends and it falls like that but it seems highly unfair that you'd have to work it both years. in most jobs if you work one year you dont have to do the next...like my friend and sister both worked last christmas in their jobs so thye dont have to work this year.

but aw yeah thats a bit crap about this year :( will you be patrolling with somebody? you will have to try and make it a bit festive, get each other presents etc hehe.

i asked my sergeant about that yesterday. he said its pot luck who gets it off...you apply in march and those who apply get their names put in a hat and whoever gets pulled out of it gets it off. i'd rather have next year off than this year. im only working christmas eve and christmas day this year whereas next year, im working christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day!

comes with the job i suppose. i can't really complain. at least we get double pay (extra £100 or so per bank holiday i work) and an extra day's holiday per bank holiday we work.

i highly doubt i'll be patrolling with anyone. im going to be on my own most of the time anyway and well, most people have got it booked off. i'll go around wearing a santa's hat rather than my horrible pcso hat that makes me look stupid! doubt they'll let me though :razz:

im going to try and get it booked off. my sergeant reckons i might be able to because im new and couldn't have booked it off in march like the rest of the staff.
  • Options
    My girlfriend is doing my nut and she's not even in the same country as me right now.
  • Options
    that i spent £12 on a mascara only to just realise i didn't get it in black, i got it in bloody brown. have opened it now so can't take it back :grump:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    My phone's dictionary on predictive text forgetting how to spell words I use aaal the time! For some reason I have to re add them every now and then, ggrr
    My damn Nokia does that all the time :(
  • Options
    email spams from africa of money transfer/ won lottery/ heir. i get it everyday and receiving it on my business email :mad:
  • Options
    I have nooo money right now. literally. 1 dollar to my name.
    my english rbs account is not letting me withdraw money, my credit card doesnt allow me to withdraw cash either (can only use it in shops etc), my work hasnt paid me yet, and when my dad tried to help me out by sending money via moneygram they wouldnt let me take it out because the name in my passport doesnt match my name on their system (its 'eleanor costain' on their computer, but my passport says 'eleanor charlotte costain'.) bloody bastards

so im going to live off what ive got until its all sorted. hopefully veery soon!!

oh, and i just fell off my bed (dorm - top bunk) i landed head first on something sharp and scratched my cheek and now its reeeally sore. annoying :(
  • Options
    getting a mega cold/flu on my first week back at uni in 3rd year. so i had to miss my very first seminar today because of it. i read the entirity of oliver twist for it as well which is 500 pages and i didn't enjoy it at all. i sat up reading for 2 hours straight last night for this seminar. bit pissed off. mucho.
  • Options
    Having to go in today on my day off to sort out my uni timetable. Also still feeling out of place.
  • Options
    Im ill and its getting worse and i have college tomorrow!
  • Options
    The boy in my class who NEVER speaks! You can't tell what he's thinking- ever!
    X
  • Options
    Wanting to go to Uni but having 6k of debt stopping me :(
  • Options
    still no email from my course admins about changing my practical slot, over a week later
  • Options
    Walking up a really long hill everyday on the way home from college, totally kills me haha XD