Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Midges!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How big do you think a midges ball hair actually is???

I reckon its 2 atoms long :p

Comments

• Options
    eh??
  • Options
    Longer then mine at the Moment ;):p:D

Can't say I've ever thought about it, and I'm little worried you have, Are you feeling alrite?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Longer then mine at the Moment ;):p:D
    ?

yeah thanks for that harmless!
  • Options
    eh??

I see I will have to teach the uneducated :p

A midge is a name given to a very small insect that is found in scotland which bites anything that has got blood in it.

They are very annoying and are the scurge of the scottish tourism.

The phrase "he missed by a midges baw hair" is very popular in scotland, which leads me to ask how big do you think a midges ball hair is

I have spoken now learn from my wisdon :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by wuckFit

I see I will have to teach the uneducated :p

A midge is a name given to a very small insect that is found in scotland which bites anything that has got blood in it.

They are very annoying and are the scurge of the scottish tourism.

The phrase "he missed by a midges baw hair" is very popular in scotland, which leads me to ask how big do you think a midges ball hair is

I have spoken now learn from my wisdon :D:p

yeah cheers, i did know, but it seems a bit of a bizarre thing to think about
  • Options
    Can't say I've ever given this serious thought, but 2 atoms sounds about right :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by wuckFit

the scurge of the scottish tourism.

lol, what a brilliant phrase :D
  • Options
    I hate midgets
  • Options
    I will go for 3 atoms, any more bets?

Rubbish mate, there is no way that the midges ball hair could be 3 atoms long. If they were 3 atoms long then they wouldnt be able to fly as the weight of the ball hairs would hold them down!

Its got to be 2 atoms :p
  • Options
    Do midges even have balls?

And midges are everywhere, not just Scotland.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    I hate midgets
    :eek:
    That's not very PC ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    I hate midgets
    ah! midgets are the cutest thing since fat dudes
  • Options
    you know, when I think of midges, rather than "how long is their ball hair", i usually think "kill kill kill kill KILL!!!!!!!!!"

That could just be my weird aversion to little bugs biting into me, putting their saliva into me to thin my blood, and then proceeding to suck the afore-mentioned blood out of me, of course.

I dont know, mibbe other people like that......
  • Options
    Researchers "startled" by discovery of Piranha Midges
    Professor Julian Myrtleman of the Australian Centre for Bio-Insectoid Research & Development has announced the discovery of a new type of midge (also known as "gnats" or "sand-flies") "Serrasalmus nattereri-simuliidae".

The new Loch Ness monsters have already been dubbed "Piranha Midges" and are wreaking havoc around the area. Speaking exclusively to the Inquirer & Inquisitor, Professor Myrtleman said "these little critters form a dense cloud around any large insect or small mammal they come across. They can strip off all its flesh within a few seconds".

Stories of local campers under attack by midges are nothing new but the Inquirer & Inquisitor understands that reports of attacks by the aerial piranhas are starting to surface. David Gumbalson, on holiday from Iceland siad, "I had just put out my lantern and was retiring to my sleeping bag when I heard a loud buzzing and ripping noise. I opened my tent door and was amazed to see a cloud of yellowish midges consuming the leftovers on my barbeque. It was very scary".

The Loch Ness Inquirer & Inquisitor understands that Mr. Gumbalson was so badly traumatised by his experience that he had to cut short his holiday and return to Iceland. His GP stated that he had prescribed his patient lithium and 6 months with a Post Traumatic Stress Therapist. Scientific speculation now centers on the origins of the new flesh-ripping superbugs. Professor Myrtleman's assistant, Dr. Sheila Havasmil PhD MrTTy FRjPcc suspects radioactive mutation. "We have already found several previously unrecognised creatures beneath Loch Ness and know that it contains unique radioactive compounds. Critters like the humble midge could quickly evolve or mutate into different entities if they were exposed to such gamma-ray sources. This is an interesting Loch Ness research project."

The Highlands of Scotland Tourist Board and a government spokesperson was unavailable for comment at time of going to press but 10 Downing Street has acted swiftly to deny that radiation in Loch Ness is caused by leakage from the Dounraey and Windscale Nuclear Facilities.

OOOOOOOOoooooooooo scary!!!!!!! :eek:

Found here:
    http://www.lochness.co.uk/exhibition/piranha-midge.html

Beware the demon midge, LMAO!!!!!!
  • Options
    Kill them, kill them, kill them.

And the god damn money spiders that seem to be all over the tennis courts at the moment.
  • Options
    Standard form time :eek:

What about weight then? Surely if we knew what the two (???) atoms were off (theres no element called "midge hair" :rolleyes: ), we could use it's relative atomic mass to find it's weight...

I'm feeling damn clever this evening :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    Standard form time :eek:

What about weight then? Surely if we knew what the two (???) atoms were off (theres no element called "midge hair" :rolleyes: ), we could use it's relative atomic mass to find it's weight...

I'm feeling damn clever this evening :D

I really wish I could help you, but as I just kill midges when i see them I havent actully tried weighing them or their hair :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I swear midges are Satans insects. They appear to have no use whatsoever, other than to bug the hell out of Scottish people.

:mad:

*scratches nasty evil midge bites on his arm*