Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

GI diet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know i have a lot on my plate (and even that feels like an understatement right now), but i thought to myself that eating better, getting more exercise and trying to lose some weight would help me feel a lot better...

i don't really do diets - the last one i did was to help with my IBS and i got sick of avoiding starch! But, this one looked like it made sense, you eat a healthy balanced diet, but you change some foods for other foods - ommiting sugar and using fructose, stevia, agarve syrup etc to sweeten. i've read about some amazing results but it would be good to talk to someone who actually has done it and gotten good results...

tbh, i think a structured eating plan right now would be a good start!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the Rosemary Conley diet is based on eating low GI and there are loads of books by her and magazine articles, they are cheap too, i picked up my copy from asda for three quid.

There are lots of books on the subject x
    i recommend the books by jennie brand-miller, and as far as i know you dont have to replace any sugars.
    Changing your diet sounds a good idea to help you feel better :) Aim to try and keep your blood sugar level steady, so you're right about omitting excess sugars/sweetners. Porridge, whole wheat pasta and baked beans are all slow-releasing sources of energy; you could try those if you don't already eat them!