Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats everyone working on at the moment!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ripple-itis :yes:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Yeah, I think a ripple in those colours would be really nice!

I'm rippling next, too - got my yarn today! :hyper: Only trouble is that I need to finish epic blanket first, or I never will! 18 blocks down, 6 to go :thumb:

What colours are you rippling with? I am unsure about my choice, maybe not bright enough for my liking! Ah well plenty of time to decide as rippling will be put on hold until after christmas as I am crochting and knitting christmas presents until then!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    What colours are you rippling with? I am unsure about my choice, maybe not bright enough for my liking! Ah well plenty of time to decide as rippling will be put on hold until after christmas as I am crochting and knitting christmas presents until then!

I'm more of a muted colour person myself, but adding a couple of colours in from outside my comfort zone for this one. Just like the way they look together! :)
  • Options
    that cotton looks lovely and chunky :yum:

My scarf is getting there:
    clicky

clicky
  • Options
    that cotton looks lovely and chunky :yum:

It is! It's very cool and squishy (I do squish it now and again, even thought I'm not allowing myself to get started on it until I've shown granny blanket who's boss).

Scarf is looking good! :D
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    I'm more of a muted colour person myself, but adding a couple of colours in from outside my comfort zone for this one. Just like the way they look together! :)

Lovely! Which yarn is it?
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Lovely! Which yarn is it?

It's Cotton-ease, a cotton/acrylic American yarn that we get charged much too much for. I just love their colours though! Just wish a UK company would bring out a cotton blend in half decent colours :grump:
  • Options
    Finiiiissshed!
    P9234426.jpg
  • Options
    Looking good!

Btw, I love your green covers. Like a bunch of jolly mutant roses!
  • Options
    i love them too, they are my favourite ever. Ikea baby :heart:
  • Options
    It isn't a craft, but craft related and I thought it was amusing so I thought I'd share. I keep breaking my bamboo size 1 needles and need them to finish a project so I bought a metal pair. 1 2.25mm circular needle.

Here is what it came in. With the needle and a pint glass for comparison :p
    HPIM0050-1.jpg
  • Options
    can't be too careful about sending things through the post!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm going to ripple soon!

I am going to make this blanket for Niamh. I have just purchased it. Need to buy some yarn now!
  • Options
    that looks ace! how do you do the motif, do you add that in as you go or add it after?
  • Options
    that looks ace! how do you do the motif, do you add that in as you go or add it after?

You add it in afterwards, making it a rather easy blankie to make :)
  • Options
    Aww, that is so cute, missy :D
  • Options
    I've started a pair of socks for my dads gigantic ape feet. Worsted weight on 4mm needles, the ancle is 55 stitches around and they will be 12 inches long. Good thing I bought extra yarn :p
  • Options
    My project will be boring to all of you hardcore knitty types, but I've just started my first scarf :blush:.
  • Options
    Start somewhere! And everybody needs a scarf soon. Brrr :( What colors/pattern are you doing?
  • Options
    Just a plain knit stitch one for the moment while I learn a bit. The yarn is awesome though, all multi coloured so it's not boring :p. Gonna do my mum the rib stitch one from Stitch n Bitch after.
  • Options
    I have just started knitting my stocking for Niamh. It's my first colour work / fair isle and I am charting the pattern myself and doing the whole works. It's rather scary but good. And I never learn how to walk before I run. I always do silly big projects before practising the techniques! I'll post photos when I can :)
  • Options
    I've been on a maaaassive crafting break, now that I should be doing something else I decided to start knitting again and am doing a scarf. Potato Chip Scarf. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome when I finish. I should have a calm nightwatch tonight so I'll be knitting like crazy in the hopes of finishing before dawn. ;)
  • Options
    After a load of biiiiig crochet projects, I'm switching over to knitting something very small:

4124250365_4d7704b477.jpg

Little emo wristwarmers! :D
  • Options
    How is your owl sweater going?
  • Options
    I have finished Niamh's stocking! Yay! I am so very pleased with it :D
  • Options
    That's amazing! I am SO impressed! Well done :D:D:D
  • Options
    That's amazing! I am SO impressed! Well done :D:D:D

They aren't the best photos but needed to take them whilst I had a few minutes spare :D

I have to admit, I am rather pleased with it and feeling rather pleased with myself too. I never thought I could do something like that!
  • Options
    I am working on a granny squares blanket, I have just reached the 300 squares milestone. 200 to go! :-D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelittletinbird/4351082737/
  • Options
    I've given up on knitting for a while and started working on this cross stitch... I hate it, you work on it for an hour and it looks like nothing has been done!
  • Options
    haha, I'm also working on stitching, it's nice to do on night shifts or while watching the telly. I hope to finish it sometime in the next 20 years :D

oh, and of course when I had just started I found another stitch project to buy... which I did. 10 more years of my life planned!