Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Think I'm Heading For A Relapase

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've started having the flashbacks and hearing vioces again and feeling low in the past few weeks. I'm feeling very wortheless and just don't no what to do with myself. After 4 months off not self-harming, i've started again :banghead: I Just don't see how this has happened. I'm not sleeping and when i do its disturbed and i have nightmares.

My Physcolocist thinks i'm fully recoved and wants to discharge me she upped my antidepressant dose, but i really think there doing nothing for me, tbh i think i sgould just stop taken them

Just Don't No What To Do

Ally xx

Comments

• Options
    Hi there Ally** :wave:

It sounds really tough to have thought you made progress and to be finding things difficult again. I'm really pleased you're accessing support on the site.

Have you been able to talk to your psychologist openly about what's going on for you right now? Is there anybody you trust who you can get some support from at the moment? It sounds very confusing that you can't work out what the triggers are for this relapse.

Please keep posting and remember that you can call saneline if you want to talk to someone about any of the stuff thats happening to you at the moment.

Take care, cat treats
  • Options
    Hi Cat Treats

Nope i haven't been able to speak to my phsycologist, as she made an appointment to see me in 3 months time cause she thinks i'm better.

I No i can speak to my mum but i, just close down when i got to talk to her. I don't wanna tell her i'm Self Harming cause she resently got over a split with her husband (my Stepdad) and i feel she'll be ashamed or angry at me.

Ally xx
  • Options
    How tough ally** - can you tell your mum you're worried about her reaction? It sounds like you've really wanted to support her recently, perhaps she'd like the chance to do the same for you.

If possible I would really encourage you to talk to someone - perhaps your GP can help you get some professional support before your appointment with the psychologist - 3 months is too long to wait!

Do you have any friends who wouldn't judge you? The SANE helpline I mentioned below is very non-judgmental and safe if its easier speaking to a stranger.

Take care,
    cat treats
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ally** wrote: »
    she upped my antidepressant dose, but i really think there doing nothing for me, tbh i think i sgould just stop taken them

Have you tried speaking to a doctor maybe to get your AD's changed?
  • Options
    Hi i really feel for you Ally. I myself am a self harmer and have so many relapses, i can go a few months without self harming then feel really low or angry about something or someone and take it out on myself by self harming. The nightmares and lack of sleep are all typical signs of depression and my only advice i can give you is plzz dont just stop taking your medication and make an appointment to talk to your GP before you stop medication. I know from past experience in stoppin your medication can make you feel alot worse. In the past i have stopped my medication and have ended up being admitted into psychiatric care.
  • Options
    Hi,

Cat_Treats I can speak to my friends, and i no they judge me. Speaking To my mum has always been hard, i speak better to people i don't no.
    I Was Gonna Make An appointment to see my doctor, so i might do that.

Keep You All Posted
    Ally xx
  • Options
    Ohh yea GP's are very helpful, mine got me a lot of help :-) Good luck with it all.
    C-A x
  • Options
    Hi All xD

The Last Few Days Have Been Weird, I've Been Feellin' Really Down.
    I Keep Hearing Voices Telling Me To Do Things, Like Y'day My Mate Offered My A Ciggy And I Heard The Voices Telling Me To Have One So I Did.

I Stopped Taking My AD'S Cause I Felt They Wasn't Working. Which Is Stupid Ino But I Don't Wanna End Up Relying On Tablets.

Wish This Would Just Go Away :crying:
    Ally xx
  • Options
    Hey Ally,

Did you manage to make an appointment to see you doctor? I know with it being the weekend it can be difficult to access any services that have been suggested but those such as saneline are available to you round the clock.

I think you're doing really well coping with this so far as you're thinking it through and trying to work through it.

Let us know if you do manage to get to see the doctor. :heart:
  • Options
    Hiya

Nope I Havn't Yet As I Wanna See The Woman Doctor And She's Away For Another 2 Weeks. So Ill Wait Till Then

Still Have My Mates To Talk Too

Ally xx
  • Options
    ally i think it'd be better to see another doctor sooner because putting off dealing with a problem just makes it worse in the long run. take care :)
  • Options
    Hey All

Well I've Been To See The Doctor And Alls She Done Was Up My AD's, They Are Making Me Feel Even Worse Than I Did Before. :banghead: The Flashbacks and Voices Are Getting Worse, I'm Even Seeing The Flashbacks In My Sleep, So I'm Scared To Sleep Coz I Can't Even Get Away From It There.:crying:

I Have Another Doctors Appt In Two Weeks To See How I Am.

Ally xx
  • Options
    Heyy love,

Good luck at the doctors. Make sure they know how upsetting this is for you- otherwise the never listen as much! I haven't read all the posts, but if you aren't already, I'd say try therapy. Your doctor can sort that out for you.
    X