Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Would Like to Meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone watch this? It's on BB2 on Wednesdays and takes a person who has trouble finding a partner and spends 6 weeks with them, a stylist, body language expert and psychologist advise them and change them, then they have a date at the end.
The one tonight was hilarious, there was a very stiff business man who wore suits and was very geeky and by the end he was actually quite sexy. Incredible what a haircut, new clothes and a different attitude can do. So if you went on this what do you think they would advise you to do to have more success on dates? For me, I think:

* They would buy me some nicer, trendier, more flattering clothes.
I don't like clothes shopping and can't afford nice clothes and nothing ever fits me from high street stores.

* They would work on my confidence
I am not shy but I laugh a lot and say silly things when I am nervous.

I can't think of any others, I am generally happy with the way I act with blokes, I am quite friendly and not over eager. What about you?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, they would probably get me to be a bit more open. I mean, I often judge people on first impression. Not in the sense of their appearance, but more in the sense of behaviour. It isn't always that good, as people can have days when they are pissed, or just don't have anything to say.

Mmm and try to gear me down, and make me less restless. If something isn't interesting me, then I don't always have the patience to continue, what I am doing.

Oh yeah, and patient :)

Btw, saw a programme where they made a classical student into a dance DJ. At the end of the show there was a competition and pro-DJ-judges had to guess who was fake. NO one suspected that it was her.
    She had gone through TOTAL changes. Confidence, style appearance. Quite enjoyed seeing it :)
  • Options
    Did you watch it tonight ? That bar Dogma, i got laid there last friday :D I've been boasting since i saw it, i know i know -twat alert- but now you've put that the testosterone has taken over !
  • Options
    yeah i think it's a great show,

do you remember the bloke a few weeks ago from plymouth, well my parents heard him talking about it on the radio and he was saying how it had really changed his life
  • Options
    yeah, Jacqueline, i saw that too.. think it was called Faking It on C4.. i thought it was realy good, couldnt believe her and the end of it.. she had totally got into it all, and was going to buy her first pair of decks.. i'd say thats pretty good for someone who used to completely hate dance music!:D
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/relationships/dating/

is the web site for that programme, very good actually. I want to go on it!
  • Options
    mmm... I mean, I enjoyed it, but it was basically just an excuse for them to laugh at huim and they were SO fucking patronising. They seem to think that because they're better at getting laid they're superior people.
    Made him happier, I suppose, which is the main thing, but he basically ended up pretending to eb something he wasn't. which is a bit sad, I think.
    (loved faking it.)
  • Options
    would like 2 meet

i loved that programme, the hair cut made a major improvement
  • Options
    For me i think they would probably try to change my attitude as i have this nack of being able to meet someone and know just about straight away what will piss them off. and me being me i tend to utalise this information and take the piss in a joke type manner. But as i say they would probably try to change this aspect of me!
  • Options
    I think I'd be pretty much the same as PussyKatty. And I think that they'd try to stop me from me from getting sarcastic which is what I also do when I'm nervous.

I didn't see the particular episode mentioned, but I remember the one the week (or so!) before with that woman with the poodle perm who got it to make herself look "more younger and funkier". She looked so good at the end though, but it was quite a transformation!