Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The site.org cabinet

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kentish

Admittedly, you are an intelligent girl, I'm sure I could find you a position...Local government and the regions?

Now from what I know of the DTLR - that's vicious! ;);) :cool:
    hmmmm.....I'd choose myself for everything!!! It's better when you have complete control over everything and can just go around sending a few nukes to france and italy (for sacking the korea player) at will without the other cabinet members arguing:D
    Deputy PM: Kentish
    Chancellor of the Excheuqer: Turtle
    Home Secretary: Toadborg
    Foreign Secretary: Myself (hey, Salisbury did it)
    Health Secretary: Man of Kent
    Transport Secretary: Balddog (for a laugh :p)
    Education Secretary: DJP
    Defence Secretary: Whowhere

hrm...
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

That's why girls exam results are consistently better than blokes and more girls are admitted to university every year is it? And give me all you like about the reason being that girls are better at exams but you know that's just an excuse.

You are right Kentish, it's no ones fault that the boards are quiet (especially female) but some people are happy to contribute to threads but don't want to start any. When my mind was more stimulated I started topics but sometimes get pissed off at the inability to have a discussion in politics, with everyone ripping each others threads to bits and tryint to prove how clever they are by using long words and statistics.

I think he was trying to wind you up, pk, which he appears to have done fairly well...
    (by the way, I think it's staggeringly stupid to suggest that women are cleverer than men or vice versa.)
    I think the trouble is most of the current issues are fairly clear-cut... I mean, most people agree that the indian and pakistani govts are bonkers and probably shouldn't nuke each other, and not much is happening domestically. It was certainly much more vibrant when i joined not long ago. (I think.) I guess it just goes upand down.
    Just to put in some tenuous link to the thread - I nominate myself for deputy undersecretary of the Fisheries. It's a prime post and I'm very proud. (or alternatively I'll be a benign dictator. first act declaring national 3 week holiday if we win the world cup.)
    Originally posted by Squinty
    Now from what I know of the DTLR - that's vicious! ;);) :cool:
    lol, probably. Hence we need an intelligent young woman to sort them out...:cool:

*wonders if anyone noticed unsubtle attempt to dig self out of hole*
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

Chancellor of the Excheuqer: Turtle

Wahey! :) Is this because you think I'm Swiss and therefore know how to deal with money? :p Or because I agree with you on the Euro? :D
    I am not the one that suggested that either sex was more intelligent than the other.
    I'm more than happy being defence secretary. As long as I can become the new minister of European affairs once we have taken them over.
    With all due respect to everyone else here, there can only be one candidate for Defence Sec - Thanatos. You need a "hawk" in that post.

Personally I am chuffed that I was voted for Health Sec a couple of times, if only it were reality...
    erm.....well tough shit, everyone has voted me as it. Say othersise and i'll have you dragged to the gulags and put to work.
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    erm.....well tough shit, everyone has voted me as it. Say othersise and i'll have you dragged to the gulags and put to work.

Fine, but the NHS will stay fucked up :D
    What bout me then? :p
    you could be in charge of the X-files :D
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    With all due respect to everyone else here, there can only be one candidate for Defence Sec - Thanatos. You need a "hawk" in that post.

My respects, Sir!

The LAST trait which one would wish within the person charged with defense would be a politically correct posture. While the military is the "strong arm" of the politicians, the force to enforce the will of the populace, it is the politicians who should be politically correct, rather than anyone responsible for defense.

btw ~ how very "PC" of you to refer to me as a "hawk"... usually, I am fancied to be much more of a ruthless preditor than a mere "hawk"... ;):D
    *is quite flattered to be in a Cabinet of sorts....*

Couple of suggestions here, but I haven't really thought them through...

Deputy PM; BK.

Drugs Czar (remember that post?) - ebb.... ;)

Minister of Defence - has to be Thanatos... :)

Health - must be MoK...

Foreign Policy - Hm..the fairmelissa or Turtle... though I would also suggest him for...

Leader of the Commons... Turtle/Whowhere ;)

Attorney General (yes, we do have one) Scarlett..

Am still pondering Transport - I think J's suggestion to buy the buran is winning my vote presently...

Chief Whip - Karla?

Unknown yet; Home Sec, Education Sec, DETR, um...

In to that Cabinet, I need Mackenzie, Jacqueline, Prufrock, Vox, kentish, Pussy Katty..... um... I need to figure.
    Originally posted by DJP
    Attorney General (yes, we do have one) Scarlett..

Ah, so that's why you were asking. :D lol. I'm flattered!

Incidentally, the next free position as a Law Lord in the House of Lords will be filled by a woman. I've got insider knowledge. ;) Seriously, I do. I met Lord Hoffman the other evening and he said so! Though he's hoping he won't have to give up his spot very soon.

I'll have to think about this and make my own nominations at some point.
    ooh get you. mixing with nobility. don't forget the little people when you get the job.
    hey! I'm not balddog, I'm prufrock! damn it!
    OK then, make the best of a bad situation:
    if I've ever disagreed with prufrock about anyhting I'm sorry. He's definitely right.
    In fact, he's such a good bloke that I'm going to give him all my money and suggest you do the same.
    Prufrock for PM!
    LOL @ Prufrock/Balddog!!!

It was a Garden Party in London organized by my College Law Network. Lord Hoffman was actually the first Law Lecturer that my college ever had (1966). I didn't know that. But he's really funny. :D
    Oi...get out of my body
    sorry... back to normal.
    occupying balddogs body was weird. didn't realise how ugly he is.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I am SUCH a wit and this has NOTHING to do with the topic so I'll shut up now and go and stand in the corner

(sorry)
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN
    btw ~ how very "PC" of you to refer to me as a "hawk"... usually, I am fancied to be much more of a ruthless preditor than a mere "hawk"... ;):D

I figured you'd would prefer that to many of the other expressions I could have used ;)

For some reason the words, unrelenting, unforgiving, mean s.o.b came to mind. Esp when that mean streak is longer than Route 66 :)
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Oi...get out of my body

I'll bet you've had that said to you a few times in your life :)
    ahhh... poor baldy. this is all highly unwarranted.
    MOK, thanatos will take that as a compliment...
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    MOK, thanatos will take that as a compliment...

As he should :)
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

For some reason the words, unrelenting, unforgiving, mean s.o.b came to mind. Esp when that mean streak is longer than Route 66 :)

It is always nice to be appreciated for that which you do best... :D

However...

Having you say such nice things about me, gives credence to the thought that I have held myself in too great a restraint... ;)