Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Guitars......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking about buying a relatively cheap guitar, not decided whether acoustic or electric yet, but probably acoustic......anyway, my point was, would it be best to just trawl the shops, or do you guys know anywhere where I can get a good deal online? Cheers!
(although this will all be buggered if I give in to my gamecube urge!)
:rolleyes: :D

Comments

• Options
    Don't get one online. Youshould go to a music shop with a price in mind and they can advise you. They may look like they're totally up themselves but in the long run it is best to ask for advice if you haven't any guitar experience.

Also, it is best to try guitars out for size purposes, this is very important.

A guitar bought in a shop will be easier to return if there is a problem, easier to get fixed if there is a problem and you will get all the advice you need about how to take care of it, re-string it etc. You'll also be told about the best accesories.

Good luck.

BTW can you actually play the guitar?
  • Options
    Thanks Bumblebee!
    I thought shops would probably be better too, but I wasn't sure what the deal with online shops was! I was planning on taking my boyfriend with me anyway, he already has two, so he does know fairly well what he's talking about.
    And I started learning last term, but got kinda caught up in uni stuff, so didn't give it much of a shot. But I've wanted to do it for a while, so I thought, what the hey! I might wait til I get back to uni, and get more into it, that way I guess I can practise on my boyfriends......and yeah, I'll have my student loan! I was just kinda considering it now. Planning ahead!:D
  • Options
    Just to add:

I tired to buy a tambourine online last night, and there are very few online music shops, but here are a couple, so you can get an idea of prices:

www.allthingsmetal.co.uk
    www.musicalinstrumentswebsites.co.uk

You should also try the brandname websites, like fender etc
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

a tambourine

LMAO.

Sorry. Tambourines are cute. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

LMAO.

*had a similar reaction...*

However, I was wondering more WHY the choice to buy a tambourine was made in the first place, and, more to the point, why online. you could probably just wander into a random shop and get a perfectly good one
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I'd get an accoustic if I had the choice. Always good for quick entertainment at a festival etc ;)
    A set of Bongo's is my instrument of choice. :D:confused::)
    yep was definitly veering towards acoustic, much nicer I feel!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

LMAO.

:D

To take to festivals! There's a bunch of us going and we're trying to get together a little band!! :)
    I can't play anything else so I have to take tambourine! I could have taken some bongo drums but they're too expensive!
    And I think I will look very cute with a a tambourine ;)

[Notice I didn't take the huff for a change!! :p ]