Home Home, Law & Money
Take part in our next Watch Club on 2nd Feb at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the film In the Heights! Sign up to take part and receive your free NOW TV pass!
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I think I've been given counterfeit money! :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having a declutter and selling stuff on gumtree.

Two, I have to say, dodgy looking guys... came to pick up something. And when they arrived I mentioned something about an email and they suddenly said "Oh that's my brothers email".

Then we looked over the stuff and they pulled out these £20s. Having worked in the pub industry for a long time I have dealt with fake and real notes a lot and these felt and looked real.

It wasn't until they left pretty swiftly I got a bit suspicious and got my old UV pen out and there are these little flecks all over the notes.

They feel like £20s and the serials are all different. The colour comes off when I do the purple strip but they just seem off.

What should I do? I know I have to give them into the police at whatnot but am I left totally out of pocket?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wait... just looked at the Bank of England site. Turns out the green and red flecks are supposed to be there. Phew...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was gonna say, spend them carefully ;)