Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

has anyone both seen and read....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
the time traveler's wife?

I'm a lit buff, when I read the book I got really emotionally invested in it (I do this far too much with books :blush:), more so than others for various reasons, but it is a special book to me. So if the film mutilates the book I'd be WAY too upset... I usually hate book to film movies so I don't want to ruin this book for me, but at the same time I love the book so much I feel I should see the film

has anyone seen it and read it? what are your views? any good compares to the book?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Havent seen the film yet. I'm trying to be good and holding off till the end of Sept when I'm seeing it with a friend who is a big fan of the book and ahem Henry and Gomez as I am. The trailer for it looked a bit mushy.. But I still have to see it! I hope they havent taken out some of the darkness and the dark humour that is in the book.
  • Options
    GOMEZ? GOMEZ??? you're mad, girl. Though with Henry, who wouldn't? Eric Bana is so wrong for him
  • Options
    gomez is sooooo bad it's great :heart:

henry of course!
  • Options
    I've read the book but not seen the film yet. I am a little reluctant to see it, I always am when books are made into films :chin:

The trailers do make it look a little too mushy and soppy! I may wait for it to come out on DVD.
  • Options
    I loved the book, but after seeing the trailer I've decided not to go see the film - it's looks far too Americanised with that thick layer of Hollywood over-sentimentalisation.
  • Options
    The Time Traveler's Wife is my favourite book at the moment, so I'm not seeing the film. I was listening to Front Row on radio 4 a couple of weeks ago, and the review they gave it was AWFUL. I just think that it would distress me too much if they'd messed it up.
  • Options
    i loved the book but i've heard they have changed bits in the movie which is making me not want to watch it - it might ruin the enjoyment from the book? JB x
  • Options
    I'm going for it tomorrow - wish me luck!
  • Options
    good luck :thumb: