Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

More troops to Afghanistan, anyone?

Following Jimmy McBroon's photo opportunity yesterday in Afghanistan - a place he visited for no other reason that David Chameleon was going to visit on Monday, apparently - there has come a call for us to put more troops into the country. Who from? None other than Patrick Mercer, the man that the aforementioned Chameleon sacked for a non-instance of racism. Says the Beeb:

"Sending more UK troops to Afghanistan could save lives, Conservative MP Patrick Mercer has said. His comments came after the prime minister announced plans suggesting a greater role for British troops, during a surprise visit to the country. Mr Mercer, a former soldier, saw Gordon Brown's announcement as a pledge to send more British personnel."

Well, for a start, I wouldn't believe Brown's pledge for a minute. The man is so shameless he practically lies on reflex nowadays. Back in 2007, Broon visited Iraq in the middle of the Tory Party conference and announced 1,000 British troops would be home by Christmas. It was discovered that the return of 500 had been previously announced and 250 were already back in the UK. So it's more than likely that the Lying Scotsman is up to his usual tricks, and that only a minutae more support will actually come along.

As for Mercer, I believe he is wrong. 208 British troops have now died in Afghanistan, and for what? A government that increasingly seeks to emulate the way the Taliban did things, passing laws that allow for women to be raped. So what is the point of us staying there. Never mind putting yet more troops in Afghanistan, let's do the opposite and get the hell out of there.

Over to you...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yadda yadda yadda ....
    Sad but thats how I'm getting.
    I'm becoming bored with the whole thing ...desensitized.
    I hate being like this ...this is not me.
    Every forum I go on it's the same old stuff.
    Governments get away with more and more when people start going ...yadda yadda yadda ...:nervous: