Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Keeping an Ex on Facebook as a friend

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Another update:

We got talking on FB over the weekend, he told me he misses me and still loves me! I just laughed it off, didn't say anything at all. But I thought it is strange to be like this now, especially if he is in a new relationship? Surely, the new girlfriend should be getting told that and not me.

Don't get me wrong I am flattered but now I feel like "the other woman" - do you know what I mean???
  • Options
    Another update:

We got talking on FB over the weekend, he told me he misses me and still loves me! I just laughed it off, didn't say anything at all. But I thought it is strange to be like this now, especially if he is in a new relationship? Surely, the new girlfriend should be getting told that and not me.

Don't get me wrong I am flattered but now I feel like "the other woman" - do you know what I mean???

Sounds like he is playing on your emotions, get him deleted.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving in to him, he tells me he misses and loves me and for me not to say it back should say something to him that he can't mess me around. So essentially, I have the control and power now:)

I haven't heard from him since that night anyway so hopefully he is trying to forget about me and carry on with his new relationship.
  • Options
    So if this is a power struggle where is the point on keeping him on FB? I think you are secretly hurt and would like him back, but are to proud to admit that to yourself. By the sounds of your post (superficially) there is nothing more you need to tell/hear (from) him. It seems to bother you enough to update us here about your situation.
  • Options
    It's certainly not a power struggle, I am just passing comment on what someone said in response. Like I said before, we were friends on FB for a long time and am happy to keep him as a friend. We still get on tremendously.

It doesn't bother me at all, I can leave this place or stay here, don't bother me one bit. I thought this was a forum for support and advice. :rolleyes:

Also if I wanted him back, I would have told him exactly how I felt don't you think? And I would have been texting him since Friday. As I have not done this, I suspect that I do not want him back. I do not dispute that I have been hurt, yes of course I have.
  • Options
    Facebook + relationships = bad!
  • Options
    My sister swears by Facebook. In 2008, she set her relationship status to "in a relationship with such-and-such" but kept it secret from our family. Of course, she had her entire family set up as buddies on her FB pages. Needless to say, the secret was out before long :-)

To me, I simply see Facebook as another version of Faceparty which was hot in 2005 or Friendsreunited which was hot in 2001. In another 5 years time, people will rave on about a different networking/classmates site.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    My sister swears by Facebook. In 2008, she set her relationship status to "in a relationship with such-and-such" but kept it secret from our family. Of course, she had her entire family set up as buddies on her FB pages. Needless to say, the secret was out before long :-)

To me, I simply see Facebook as another version of Faceparty which was hot in 2005 or Friendsreunited which was hot in 2001. In another 5 years time, people will rave on about a different networking/classmates site.

I remember Faceparty! and browsing the profiles!!
    My friend is still a member, and it has now become a bit of a VIP site, where you need to be 'invited' to join, and they hold parties every month that all the members go to.