Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"More than 30" police officers hurt at G20.

Story.

Good to see the Met back on form with this little news story. It sounds shocking doesn't it, certainly bad enough to justify battering a woman having a miscarriage.

But then you look at the 'casualties'.

One injury was a scalded hand because some dozy copper managed to screw up making a cup of tea. One poor soul got a bit of backache from having to wear his helmet. And one got a bite from a police dog.

That clearly justifies the G20 abuse, doesn't it? England's brave protectors of law and order and they try and claim that a tea-related injury is down to G20 protestors. What a joke.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is a stupid and lazy story. The story really is 'more than 30 accident reports submitted by Police officers'. Now as anyone who has anything to do with it will know accident reports dont always mean injuries, and it certainly doesnt mean that protesters injured the officers.
    Aww, the poor widdle dears at the Met Police Farce. They almost succeeded in making whingers who complained about a miscarrying woman having the shit beaten out of her - or dreary people like me who go on about the way a newspaper seller was given a knock to the floor which could have killed him - seem like a bunch of moaning cunts, don't they? :rolleyes:

The revolution cannot come soon enough.

On a lighter note, it also proves that the Met Police - whose officers seem unable to make tea without scalding their hands in the process - need to hire Mrs Doyle.
    As Buddha said, it's a lazy nonsensical piece of "reporting".

All they've done is submitted a FOI request to the MET police about injuries and they've been sent back everything as requested. They didn't ask "how many officers were assaulted" or "how many officers required hospital treatment as a result of protestors" e.t.c.

So, now Kermit and SG have both fallen for the "The MET are trying to make themselves look like victims" line, when they really aren't.
    Mmmm - this seems to be another example of office chair journalism as the other posters have noted; however there is one thing about Police welfare which hasn't been reported which I think more people should know about.

I hadn't got round to posting anything on it - which is really useless of me given the time I spent on the G20 when it happened - but there is a significant section of the report which criticises command and senior officers for not ensuring that officers were adequately provisioned.

From what I can remember (you have to read the full report by the way, not just the executive summary) officers were pulling 16-18 hour shifts with no logistics for breaks, and often no provision of food or water, and a great many officers from far flung forces having to sleep in chairs or on hard floors because of a complete lack of provision. This has nothing to do with not being able to access facilities because of the protest - they just weren't there.

Personally I don't think that's either right or conducive to good public service. I have however, not seen this in print or online at any media outlet.

I've also been following the Climate Camp through various outlets on Twitter, and the Police appear to have done extremely well - if it continues, I hope that this is noted in the press.
    Senior officers are, to put it bluntly bastards when it comes to looking out for the welfare of their officers.

They think nothing of leaving someone standing on a crime scene for an entire 12 hour shift without providing respite or refreshments. The last crime scene I was involved in we were looked after by the fucking neighbours. They're the ones who brought us out drinks and let us use their toilets bless them because despite our repeated requests to the boss, nothing was provided for us.

Things like this aren't uncommon, and I'm not surprised the senior officers were criticised.