Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New York Feb-March time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi guys,

Im thinking of taking the gf to NYC for my birthday on the 1st of march, so prob go a couple of days before that, so any ideas the best way to do this? book the flights and hotel togather or apart? how much are taxis from the airport to the city?

was thinking about 5 nights? is that a good about of time to see a lot of things and get a days shopping in?

whats the best things to do out there? tours and such things?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I booked hotel and flight separately as was able to get cheaper deals that way. Booked flights direct with the airline, having searched on a price comparison flight for the best deals, and booked hotel with expedia.

Taxi from JFK to anywhere in Manhattan is $45, not including tips. Always factor in tips for your time there, as 18% is standard. There are shuttle bus services that drop off at a couple of places in Manhattan too, like Grand Central Station and the Port Authority, but these cost about $15 each plus tip, so if there's a couple of you you might as well just get a taxi straight to your destination.

5 nights is plenty. Gives you lots of time to do the touristy/sightseeing stuff, as well as some shopping. Make sure you do the Staten Island ferry, Central Park, wandering around the village. I recommend you try pizza at Lombardi's on Spring Street, or John's on Bleecker Street. And at some point have a cocktail in of the bars in Grand Central while people watching, which is fabulous.

My other recommendation, if you're into that kind of thing, is the Museum of Modern Art, which is fantastic and well worth the $20.