Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

question for the men in here!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it's true that you always want what you can't have, right?? I want to make my ex pay for all the emotional pain he put me through, he's just got married and we've split all ties but next time I want to see him, I want to look gorgeous... he'll be kicking himself right??

Comments

• Options
    itll just look like youre still trying to impress him tbh.

The best revenge is to not give a shit what he thinks anymore
  • Options
    I agree with Suzy.
  • Options
    Yep agree with suzy too.
    Life's too short to give a shit what your ex is going to think (especially if he's now married). And yeah, half the time they're probably thinking "oh god here comes the ex" rather than much else.
    My ex from four months ago is a class A prick and even though he marched off with a younger model i never once made a scene, got revenge, ranted or raved. Basically after a week i just didn't really give a hoot, i realised i'd made an error being with him and was quite glad i was out of it. Turns out he can't deal with the fact i honestly don't give a shit what he thinks or that he still "supposedly" cares. :yeees:
  • Options
    Keka wrote: »
    he'll be kicking himself right??

Depends. He's just agreed to spend his life with someone else. Possibly you'll come off looking a little desperate, and send a message out to people that you're still hurting?

Is that really going to make you feel better?
  • Options
    Depends. He's just agreed to spend his life with someone else. Possibly you'll come off looking a little desperate, and send a message out to people that you're still hurting?

I agree
  • Options
    its not as if people dump their partners because all of a sudden theyre not good looking anymore.
    My exes are still good looking but it doesnt mean i wish i was with them - not even in the slightest
  • Options
    He's just got married, he isn't going to give a flying fuck what you look like.

You split up for a reason, and I doubt that reason was because he stopped liking how you looked.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look your best when you meet him, I wouldn't want to meet some of my exes looking a state. But if you're just trying to get his attention you're going to look cheap and desperate.
  • Options

I agree with this.
  • Options
    i never really thought of it that way, you're all right... ah well. it just wasnt meant to be. :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    He's just got married, he isn't going to give a flying fuck what you look like.

I was just about to say the exact same.

He's not going to notice any other girl except the one he's just married at the moment. You'll be the last thing on his mind.

Let the anger go, getting revenge will not do you any good. Forget about him and move on, make yourself happy.
  • Options
    I think it's only human nature for us girls to look spectacular when we next bump into our ex's, but seeing as he is married that kinda puts him out of the game.

By all means, give yourself a makeover, new hairstyle or colour, BUT DO IT FOR YOU!:heart: And not HIM.:)
  • Options
    I think it's only human nature for us girls to look spectacular when we next bump into our ex's, but seeing as he is married that kinda puts him out of the game.

By all means, give yourself a makeover, new hairstyle or colour, BUT DO IT FOR YOU!:heart: And not HIM.:)
    I agree with that.
  • Options
    That's what I am doing tonight, my boyfriend dumped me by text last night so today went out and got a new hair colour and some new clothes, just for ME:)
  • Options
    That's what I am doing tonight, my boyfriend dumped me by text last night so today went out and got a new hair colour and some new clothes, just for ME:)

Go you :)
  • Options
    And a very big glass of wine:)
  • Options
    Well I've never been dumped by text before so it was a shock, thought he had more respect for me than that:no:
  • Options
    Keka wrote: »
    it's true that you always want what you can't have, right?? I want to make my ex pay for all the emotional pain he put me through, he's just got married and we've split all ties but next time I want to see him, I want to look gorgeous... he'll be kicking himself right??

I can't speak for all men but my opinion is if I was happy enough with a woman to want to get married to her, I wouldn't give a flying f*** about any of my exes in the way you're hoping it would bother him. I know not all guys are like this but when I'm with someone that I'm nuts about (as I am right now) then I only have eyes for her.

If you make it too obvious that you're trying to look stunning you run the risk of looking desperate.