Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Brown Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys. I've purchased some ket as it's going to be a big bank holiday weekend, and when I first got it I'm 99% sure it was perfectly white, however after sitting in my (fairly warm) room for a week some of it has started to go a light brown colour. Is this something that is normal? I'm 99.9% sure my dealer doesn't cut his ketamine as he is a good friend I used to live with, and his stuff is always very strong and crystalised. He buys it in liquid form and heats it himself, so I'm sure that it is pure, though now I'm slightly concerned! I have put it in the fridge now....do you think that would be a better place to store it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    I've never ever had ket that was anything other than white. It's never changed over time, either.

What is the consistency like? Is it powdery or like salt? Have you tasted it? You might be able to tell if it tastes like speed or something else. The fact it changed over time suggests to me it might be something hygroscopic like speed.

I've had ket that was cut before, but this was just more obviously powdery, and still white.

You could always dissolved it in water and try and filter out the impurities, then boil off the water again.
  • Options
    It depends what was in the solution, a friend of mine added food colouring once and it came out purple. This was back in the day when it was only covered by the Medicines Act, oh how times change, I feel old. So very old.
  • Options
    I've never ever had ket that was anything other than white. It's never changed over time, either.

What is the consistency like? Is it powdery or like salt? Have you tasted it? You might be able to tell if it tastes like speed or something else. The fact it changed over time suggests to me it might be something hygroscopic like speed.

I've had ket that was cut before, but this was just more obviously powdery, and still white.

You could always dissolved it in water and try and filter out the impurities, then boil off the water again.
    The consistency is fairly salt like, though the crystals are much bigger and sort of rectangular, there is no way it has been mixed with anything because you'd be able to see it. I haven't tasted it - really don't want to....back drip is bad enough!!

As for boiling it....can't really be arsed with all that as I'm taking it all on Saturday.

Budda I've had purple ket and red ket....my dealer did food colourings once. And how we miss the days before it was classified. Next thing we know it'll be a class A or B I reckon.
  • Options
    Just spoken to my dealer who says it was a slightly burnt batch...so maybe I didn't see it before! Do you think it will effect the quality much?
  • Options
    Probably not... only one way to find out ;)
  • Options
    The consistency is fairly salt like, though the crystals are much bigger and sort of rectangular

And it's brown. You got gravy granules. :)
  • Options
    If they're gravy granules then I'm stocking up - who knew they could do things to you like they do :p
  • Options
    If only. Sunday dinner would be awesome.
  • Options
    Budda I've had purple ket and red ket....my dealer did food colourings once. And how we miss the days before it was classified. Next thing we know it'll be a class A or B I reckon.

The report given out by the Council on the Misuse of Drugs about ketamine was truly strange, they actually said there was no evidence that it was even harmful for pregnant women (that is not a recommendation), use was not rising, there were no social problems caused by it etc. yet it should be banned.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    The report given out by the Council on the Misuse of Drugs about ketamine was truly strange, they actually said there was no evidence that it was even harmful for pregnant women (that is not a recommendation), use was not rising, there were no social problems caused by it etc. yet it should be banned.
    In all fairness while it is less harmful than many other drugs, it is also quite addictive. I don't know whether that was considered in the report? Not saying addictive potential alone is a reason to ban something (that would go for GBL too) but it is a factor to bear in mind.
  • Options
    In all fairness while it is less harmful than many other drugs, it is also quite addictive. I don't know whether that was considered in the report? Not saying addictive potential alone is a reason to ban something (that would go for GBL too) but it is a factor to bear in mind.

Of course, but only a very small minority of people ever go on to have a problem with ketamine (and the same goes although perhaps not to such a small minority for GHB).

But that's all beside the point really, the key issue is whether people and society will be better off with these substances banned - and if legislation so far is anything to go by they clearly wont.