Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gas Leek

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
every time i go into the kitchen i can smell gas so i think ther is a gas leek wud that give me a headace?? because i have one! and i dont normally have them!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Call National Grid Gas Emergencies on 0800 111 999 they will send out a man who will stick warning triangles over your gas stuff. It's fun. Better than being blown up anyway.

Hopefully it would go without saying not to call from a mobile from your kitchen.
    Yes it would probably give you a headache. Is it a really strong smell? Have you checked your cooker hasn't been left on? Can you hear any gas escaping?
    We had a gas leak this year and there was a smell. It's best to get it checked out. We phone that number and they did it for free.
    It doesn't always give you a headache as none of us had one.
    It depends... you often get a small whiff of gas when a boiler fires up. But it shouldn't be there for any period of time...

Get it checked out though.
    we dont have a normal gas cooker. its an aga a big massive cooker thing that has to be left on all the time. so...and i cannot hear anything leek but every time i walk into the kitchen i can smell gas.
    Two days later and you still haven't called Transco?

*bashes head against desk*
    Kermit wrote: »
    Two days later and you still haven't called Transco?

*bashes head against desk*

I have to agree. There's nothing more to be gained from further questioning on here. You either call the man from NG emergenices, or you don't. Personally if I was smelling gas every time I went into the kitchen, then the last thing I'd be doing would be posting on the 'net about it. Just call them already.
    wow calm down!..i have rang someone already!!! they are coming round this evening.
    wow calm down!..i have rang someone already!!! they are coming round this evening.

They are normally very quick to come out if you think you have a gas leak!
    Who did you call?
    It can't be anything serious if you do have one, if its been two days and you've been living with it you should be lying unconscious or dead so it must be small if at all.
    our local gas engeer...and he has been and sed ther was a gas leek. We have just moved into our new place and now you have to have a certificite to say that they bolier etc is safe to use. and the person that did it did not connect the pipes correctly.

and to squeal if you read my post at the beginning i did say i was getting head aces.

but now everything is sorted out so i dont need anyones help! and i will not be on here again asking for any help what so ever because it seems every one is judging me rather than helping me!!!!

SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE!
    A small amount is still bad. Anytime you smell gas you should get it checked out.
    our local gas engeer...and he has been and sed ther was a gas leek. We have just moved into our new place and now you have to have a certificite to say that they bolier etc is safe to use. and the person that did it did not connect the pipes correctly.

and to squeal if you read my post at the beginning i did say i was getting head aces.

but now everything is sorted out so i dont need anyones help! and i will not be on here again asking for any help what so ever because it seems every one is judging me rather than helping me!!!!

I read your post, thanks for assuming I didn't.

If you read mine you would see that if it was serious you would be dead, I also said that it could just be small which obviously it was as you just had a poorly head and it has now been confirmed.

Now there is no need to go off on one. No one has been rude to you. People have given good advice. A gas LEAK (not leek) is a serious matter, hence why you can die, so people were just getting a bit miffed at your stupidity to leave it over a day before ringing anyone about it. Thesite is a decent place for advice so stick around.

maybe because your a moron who waited two days to call someone about a gas leak?
    You got the help on your first reply, there was nothing else to add, it's not our fault your inept and waited to call them, course you'll get flack for that.

it's like finding an unexploded bomb in your garden and not doing anything about it for several days.
    i will not be on here again asking for any help what so ever because it seems every one is judging me rather than helping me!!!!

You were complaining of headaches and the smell of gas. Gas leaks can kill- either through explosions or through carbon monoxide poisoning if the flues don't work.

You waited two days to ring anyone about it, despite being told do so by several posters.

People give advice and don't like it when their time is wasted. If you can't be arsed following advice, and then post the same problem two days later, people are going to ask what you've been doing.

If you think that's "judging" then you're the sort of cretin who would wait two days before reporting a gas leak, despite being given the telephone number.
    oo dear alot of arguing seems to be going on.

i do agree tho with these other posters that it is rather silly waiting 2 days until oyu rang the gas people.

but i dont think everyone needs to gang up on this person.

anyway i hope u managed to sort your gas leak out